Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

plateauguy

Lifer
Mar 19, 2013
You had me going for a moment, Peck!
I don't personally like Tom Hanks, but he sure looks a lot like Walt. I can't remember ever seeing Disney smoking when I was a kid.

cmdrmcbragg

Lifer
Jul 29, 2013
His park used to have a tobacco shop and release their own (?) pipes. Every now and then I find Disney pipes on eBay and end up bailing cuz they just don't LOOK worth the money they sometimes go for.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
We watched the finale of "Sons of Anarchy" the other night on television. One character was killed with a cooking fork stuck repeatedly into her head. It was one of the most violent and disturbing scenes we've watched on television OR the movies (and I'm generally not adverse to violence of horror).

Smoking a cigarette gets an "R" rating...yeah, that makes a lot of sense.

phred

Lifer
Dec 11, 2012
At least Mr Hanks notices that this removal of smoking in movies is bad.
Can anyone buy the kid glove treatment Walt will get in this movie? I hate biopics generally because they usually try too hard to be gentle to the subject and too much artistic license gets carried out when filing in blanks and create dialogue.
There is that - I heard a radio interview yesterday about the film, with Mr. Hanks talking about feeling like there should have been something else going on in a lot of scenes - "smoking cigarettes, arguing over storyboards, that sort of thing." Sounded almost like he felt like a prop much of the time...

undecagon

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 7, 2011
Chicago, IL
This is good for PIPE smoking though. If a lit and inhaled cig = and R rating, maybe we'll see more pipes in films. LOTR and Holmes had plenty but were both PG-13.

Status
Not open for further replies.