PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

yazamitaz

Lifer
Mar 1, 2013
So I took advantage of Rich's awesome offer to members of the forum and this is what I picked up:
Here is the whole haul:
003-600x450.jpg

The first Peterson I have ever purchased:
007-600x450.jpg

008-600x450.jpg

009-600x450.jpg

Some tobacco to break it in with:
0061-600x450.jpg

My first pipe lighter:
0051-450x600.jpg

...and some awesome free samples, as well as a personalized "Thank You" from Jill:
004-600x450.jpg

Everything was packed wonderfully. The Peterson was in its bag, in its own box, and cradled with packaging to ensure that it would arrive in perfect condition, as well as everything else I ordered. This is my first order from 4noggins and it won't be my last.
Big should out to Rich and his crew for taking care of me. I promise next time I get up to our vacation home in Vermont I will stop by and see you personally.
Now if you can just do something about this 39 degree weather.......

yazamitaz

Lifer
Mar 1, 2013
Now if someone knows how to resize these pictures once I put them in my album I would appreciate the guidance. I would like to make these bigger so you can see the awesome grain in this pipe.
Dan :puffy:

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
Well, it looks like you did very nicely on that order! Not only 10% off, but you saved an additional $9.00 in shipping. Good goin'!
I don't know too much about pix, but if you set your camera to an image size around 300-600 pixels in width, then you don't have to mess with re-sizing the image.

yazamitaz

Lifer
Mar 1, 2013
Thanks Cortez, I will try that.
It always feels good to not spend money on shipping :clap:

yazamitaz

Lifer
Mar 1, 2013
VERY nice Boz. What kind of tobacco's are the bulks? I am always curious to see what other's here smoke.
Dan :puffy:

mikec13

Lurker
Sep 26, 2012
My TAD arrived today as well! Thank You Rich.

Benjamin Hartwell Signature Blend

Robert McConnell Scottish Cake

4Noggins Prairie Wind

Lane 1Q

G.L. Pease Haddos Delight

G.L. Pease Chelsea Morning

B&B Beck's OLB

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Love that Peterson, such good grain a heft. I really feel like I'm down for a serious smoke

with those pipes. One of my favorites is the B11 bent brandy, which I have as a Shannon.

No nickel band (I have that on another Peterson pipe or two) but that strong grain, which,

believe me, only improves with age. It doesn't fade, but it deepens.

homeatsea

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 6, 2013
Loving the haul Yaz,
I received my order of tobacco today but I think since I pulled the trigger on that Sav churchwarden I'll be holding off on posting photos until I can parade it around with all my new tins.

yazamitaz

Lifer
Mar 1, 2013
Thanks for the update Boz. I may try one of those on my next order.
Nice haul Mike. Let me know what you think of the Haddos Delight. I have heard some good things about that tobacco.
Homeatsea - I think I am just excited as you are about that churchwarden. Maybe I need to get another one ...... :D

theboz

Can't Leave
Mar 12, 2013
United States
I tried both of those bulks today as well...the Ol Limey was a pretty decent English and I have read that it is similar to Dunhill 965, the Painter Hills has a bit of a topping that to me disappeared pretty quickly and just became a potent smoke. I would get more of both in the future.

yazamitaz

Lifer
Mar 1, 2013
Thanks Kevin,
I just sent you a PM on this but I now see what you are talking about.
I appreciate the help and I look forward to trying that Charring Cross today :puffy:
Dan

homeatsea

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 6, 2013
Enjoy the Charring Cross. I'm thinking about cracking open my tin of Sextant today. First time with a G.L. Pease blend. It's exciting.

Status
Not open for further replies.