PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 28, 2016
Finland-Scandinavia-EU
just a quick update ,the site sponsor smokingpipes,com has gotten various Italian Toscano brand cigars on their site,though prices there seem to be higher than we're used to see here in the EU but I still consider them worth of trying??

Reactions: burleyboy

burleyboy

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 30, 2019
Europe
I've never had one, but as they seem to be very popular among pipe smokers, I'll soon give them a shot.

Jul 28, 2016
Finland-Scandinavia-EU
I've never had one, but as they seem to be very popular among pipe smokers, I'll soon give them a shot.
Julius ,then I'd start with extra Vecchio splitting 'em in two using a cigar cutter, this an Italian dark fire burley stuff, I like them Antiquas best but those are more expensive,nontheless all cigars in Deutschland are relatively affordably priced (apart from Cuban perhaps)and the range of various brand names is simply huge??
Ps.Herr Wolfgang at Top Cigars.de is still alive and kicking + his site is fully operating)

admiral

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 15, 2017
Recently I had a dinner with a pipemaker and all of a sudden he pulled some of these and offered some. Not cubans or anything compared to high end cigars, but very decent smokes if you are in a hurry.

madox07

Lifer
Dec 12, 2016
For a lighter smoke I also recommend Garibaldi or Mazzini - same manufacturer, but a bit less of an omph (not sure if they have Mazzini outside of Italy). For you aromatic lovers they also have flavored toscanellos (toscanello is commonly referred to half a toscano) - grappa, apple and coffee being pretty good. They do ghost your "boschino" if you use one though .. so careful on that.

d4k23

Can't Leave
Mar 6, 2018
Texas
My family brought some Toscanos back on their recent trip to Italy. My favorite being Limoncello, however I found out that it was a limited run and not made any more. But a delicious smoke nonetheless!

After smoking through those, I picked up some Avantis. Haven't had one yet, but hoping they smoke similar.

lawdawg

Lifer
Aug 25, 2016
I prefer to eat my beef jerky, not smoke it puf

(that's what these dry cured Italian cigars taste like to me - as an alternative with a more classic "cigar" flavor, I'd recommend the Swiss brand of dry cured cigars, Villiger)

Status
Not open for further replies.