Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikethompson

Lifer
Jun 26, 2016
Near Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Happy National Sauntering Day everyone! I don't know if it is legit or not, but hey, I saw it on the internet so it must be true.
Sauntering Day
June 19 is Sauntering Day, an annual holiday that reminds people to pause, take a stock of their busy schedules, and slow down for a bit. And because the day has the word sauntering in it, it also encourages everyone to take a leisurely walk.
sounds like a good excuse to enjoy your pipe!

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I gotta love it because that was one of my dad's favorite words and ways of describing walks or walking excursions, in his case almost always with a pipe packed with Granger. He was also a deliberative thinker and prolific conversationalist.

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
My wife and I have a small running joke about determining whether we are moseying or ambling.
Happy Sauntering and Lunting to all!
jay-roger.jpg

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Hell, yeah, what a good idea! Today is a perfect day here for all the above terms (which may or may not be identical endeavors.)
I'll saunter on down to the coffee shop. Then I'll amble around the golf course. Perhaps I'll mosey over to the pipe shop.....

bnichols23

Lifer
Mar 13, 2018
SC Piedmont
I for one am going to saunter my fat butt into my favorite smoking chair after I get off work & puff me some clouds while I watch the rest of the neighborhood saunter/meander/mosey/hustle/huff-puff/giddy-up/wheel/stumble by. Energy conservation is good, & I'm always in the same place when I stop as when I started.
Bill

scloyd

Lifer
May 23, 2018
I sauntered into a Cracker Barrel and ate some chicken livers, green beans and a salad. Then I meandered around the gift shop for a few minutes and purchased nothing. Then I moseyed out to my car and drove home and I am enjoying a bowl of John Cotton's Smyrna.

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
Maybe I'll saunter my ass out of work early then. It's too beautiful out and the fish are running too hard to be cooped up in this office.

buroak

Lifer
Jul 29, 2014
I was (am) too busy to actually saunter, but I will let my mind saunter when the work gets tedious.

Status
Not open for further replies.