PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

techie

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 20, 2018
I've often noticed they have stock that others are out of.

alexj52

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 26, 2018
Just received my package from tobaccopipes and I'm totally satisfied too! A mere 2 weeks all the way to South Korea, from most US retailers it would be almost a month (cheapest option).

May 9, 2018
Raleigh, NC
They do offer really fast and good service. I haven't had a problem with them yet. One of the only reasons I don't shop there almost exclusively is that SP's does have tobacco blends that TP's doesn't carry and vice versa. SO I shop them both about the same. When I want a pipe, I also try to buy my tobacco during the same exchange. I just hate multiple orders at the exact same time. I try to keep my ordering simple. Tobaccopipes is a top notch service. Usually have my order within 2 or 3 days.

timt

Lifer
Jul 19, 2018
I just recently placed my first order with them. They emailed me shortly after to tell me that I ordered the last 10 tins of the blend and that to fill the order they would have to send 2 dented tins and asked if still wanted them. I appreciated the heads up and took all 10.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
My gimpy search engine won't open major portions of sites including pipe and tobacco retail sites I used to visit regularly. Being a hopeless non-techie, this means I must pack up my desktop in a rolling suitcase and haul it to the Apple Store.
Before you make that trip, download and open another browser, Chrome and/or Firefox. See it those work fine. If so, and if you prefer Safari, delete all history and you should be good to go. Or online Apple help may do it, but there may well be a charge if your machine is elderly.

ray47

Lifer
Jul 10, 2015
Dalzell, South Carolina
I still buy from TobaccoPipes because they get their packages out quick, but the USPS in Florida stinks. My recent tub of Edward G. Robinson was supposed to be picked up on Monday but didn't get shipped until Tuesday. It was supposed to be here today, but tracking indicates it's still in Florida. I hope someone doing the recounts didn't smoke it. I may have to rethink ordering from TobaccoPipes, but not because of them.

spartacus

Lifer
Nov 7, 2018
Mesa, Arizona
My only interaction with them was an order for two of the same Savinelli pipes. One as a gift and one for me. They only sent one pipe. I contacted them and they had already realized the mistake and the new pipe came the next day. I thought the customer service and response time was great.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
MSO!!
Guessing you did not see the post regarding internet searches and not taking an unnecessary trip to the Apple store. Or did you? Try anything?

szconrad

Lurker
Oct 24, 2018
Those guys are fantastic. I got some Amphora Virginia not too long ago that unfortunately had some mold on it. I emailed them, and they immediately sent me 2 pouches (instead of just 1 that I ordered) and said returning the original wasn't necessary. A class act.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
MSO!!
Guessing you did not see the post (several before this one) regarding internet searches and not taking an unnecessary trip to the Apple store. Or did you? Try anything?
Tried a different browser?

aro222

Can't Leave
Mar 17, 2018
Toronto Ontario, Canada
Thought I would chime in here. Last year i was in Florida on vacation and thought I might pay them a visit and pick up a couple tins. I reached out to them via email and found out that they are strictly an online store and not really retail. After explaining that i was visiting Florida and would like to stop by and pick up a couple tins of tobacco, the owner invited me to the shop for a tour of their setup. Although not the norm, he didn't hesitate to help me out. When i walked in I was greeted with the most wonderful aroma of tobacco. I have never seen so much product in my life and i was able to walk down the aisles and have my pick of whatever i wanted. I thought for a moment i was in pipe and tobacco heaven. Like a kid in a candy shop I ended up with 3 pipes and a half dozen of tins for the ride home, not to mention all the free samples and accessories which were given to me as well. These guys went out of the way to help me out and they are so generous. i cannot say enough good things about them.

I have ordered from them many times and are definitely one of my go to vendors. Thanks again Tobaccopipes Keep up the great work !

tenton

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 8, 2019
Tobaccopipes.com is just a mile or so down the road from where I work and a few miles from my house. First time I went there I was like you and thought it was a retail store, but when I arrived, I found out it's an internet only store. He let me inside anyway, but said I should call for an appointment before coming again. I order tobacco from them on the internet and have them ship it USPS, but if I was going to buy a pipe I'd make an appointment so I could look at it first.

Status
Not open for further replies.