PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

raf66

Might Stick Around
Mar 2, 2010
Afternoon everyone. Not sure if I'm posting this in the right forum or not so please move it if necessary.
I'm in Vegas next week and it's my first trip there so I'm wondering if there are any good tobacconists in that area. Any of you folks ever visited a shop or two in Vegas that you feel are worthy of checking out?
Thanks for the guidance.

igloo

Lifer
Jan 17, 2010
woodlands tx
There is one in the New York but the name eludes me . for cigars the indian reservation great prices and a good golf course . Other than that Mr Bills .

marmal4de

Lifer
Feb 20, 2011
Richmond, BC
My father in law is in LV now and asked about tobacconists to bring me a few goodies back, any recommendations? Mr-Bill's is bullshit, doesn't even carry McC or C&D, so any locals know where to find tins of tasty tobacco?

krgulick

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
Unfortunately, there are not many smoke shops that are not more than glorified head shops here in Vegas. They sell pipe tobacco and ciggies to make it barely legal. There were several that I went into once and went right back outside. The smell of incense and pot was almost overpowering. Not sure if anyone here has visited the one listed on the site here under Pipe Store Locator, it is called Tobacco Town Cigar over on Rainbow. I have not had the time to get over there yet, so know nothing about it.

May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
There are the Mr. Bill's tobacconists, but like stated before there isn't a huge selection there. I checked out the Davidoff in the Venetian once. Pretty good sized walk in humidor for cigars and a good number of pipes and pipe tobaccos as well. Can't recall any of the blends they carried there off hand. Also there's Tobacco Town which has two locations. One is off the Rainbow exit on the 215. Just head south past the overpass and it's on the east side in the first shopping plaza (if you head south on Rainbow it's on the left). They have a pretty decent selection of house blends and tin tobaccos. Also I heard a few weeks ago they were expecting an order of the Dunhill blends to be in. They usually carry some of the McConnell and McClelland blends along with a few others. Also it has a pretty good lounge to enjoy a pipe. The other location is in Boca Park just south of the Summerlin Parkway Rampart/Fort Apache exit (I never remember what the street is called at that point I'm pretty sure it's Rampart though). Similar selections just smaller square footage. Those are all I know of right now. The Las Vegas Pipe Club meets at the Tobacco Town by Rainbow and 215.

loborx

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 20, 2011
Davidoff - meh. Best I have found in Vegas is Tobacco Leaf on W. Lake Mead Blvd ( just off the 95 - corner of Rock Springs and Lake Mead). Full Dunhill Tins range, McClelland tins and bulk, Peterson, Balkan Sasieni, Stokkebye bulk flakes - pretty much the full monty over there. Awesome humidor and a cozy smoking lounge in the back with flat screens and leather sofas. Mr. Bill's is kind of head shoppy but they carry the Sutliff Private Stock stuff, most Peterson tins and one or two decent bulks - they actually have the old John Rolfe 'baccy in bulk (which I quite like). Haven't been out to Tobacco Town yet but my brother works out that way and he scored me TWO MURRAY's DUNHILL Light Flake tins for Xmas last year. Woot!

loborx

Apr 20, 2011
Yes. Tobacco Leaf is in the same plaza as Panera Bread. Even better, In-n-Out Burger is across the street!

May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
I think the reason I hadn't poked my head in that store is because, if memory serves me correctly, it had a huge cigar sign on the door. Guess I should learn to walk in even if it just says cigars on the sign. That's what there aren't a whole lot of here in Las Vegas, and it almost has me wanting to get a degree in buisness and start my own, is strictly cigar & pipe shops. Most of them are "smoke shops" that cater to the college kids and their cigarettes and hookahs as well as their glass pipes for weed and what not. I think the only one that comes to mind as pretty much strictly a cigar/pipe lounge is Tobacco Town.

loborx

Apr 20, 2011
Well Vegas is pretty much a cigar town these days, hence the big CIGAR signs all over the place. Tobacco Leaf and apparently Tobacco Town have not forgotten the pipe smoker. Way in the way back there used to be a place in the old Maryland Square (gone) across from the Boulevard Mall called Ed's Pipes and Tobacco. That's the only shop I recall that placed the pipe in it's (rightful :wink: ) place before cigars. That was also the only place I ever bought a pouch of the legendary Balkan Sobranie 759 - dried to a turd - but still a sublime smoke. Tinderbox has also vanished from Vegas. Hiland's Tobacco had a shop at the Meadows Mall - gone. Unfortunately, I remember more defunct pipe shops in Vegas than the shops that are still here.

May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Wow! loborx wasn't kidding. Tobacco Leaf has just about everything. Stopped in there today to check it out. They had a number of the Dunhill blends, just about all of the Peterson blends, a number of the 7 Seas blends, and many many more. Tins were practically falling off the back counter they were so stocked. Also have a good number of pipes as well. Noticed some good Peterson's and Savinelli's as well as a few Castello's. If you're in Vegas ever, definitely hit the Tobacco Leaf.

Status
Not open for further replies.