PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Recent Posts

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

piperl12

Preferred Member
Apr 7, 2012
Are any Canadian Pipers out there interested in trading a pouch of Captain Black Royal for a package of Macbarrens 7 Seas Royal? It's missing two small bowls and would gladly accept a partial pouch of Captain Black in trade. Unfortunaly it has to be Canadian to Canadian so we arent getting dinged by the customs guys. Not worth it for a $20.00 pouch of baccy. Just can't see the attraction of Virgina tobacco even though it burns cool and clean.

crpntr1

Preferred Member
Dec 18, 2011
Texas
I haven't tried 7seas royal, but I thought the two were almost the same...is the 7seas a VA?

nsfisher

Preferred Member
Nov 26, 2011
Nova Scotia, Canada
@ Piperl12
Hey mate, leave the cover off that tin of MacB's for a day or 2 and let the baccy get almost crispy. I have to do that to avoid the bite as well and it turns out pretty good.

rcstan

Preferred Member
Mar 7, 2012
Sunset Beach NC
+1 nsfisher.
piperl12, if you have a heat lamp ( I have one for my tortoise ), you can take some of the baccy, lay it on a coffee filter and put it under the lamp to speed up drying. Or place between a couple napkins and nuke it for a few seconds in the microwave. This should take care of the McB bite.

piperl12

Preferred Member
Apr 7, 2012
No, there was no bite at all with the Macbarrens in fact its the first Virgina Burley mixture that hasn't bit me. It has a very destintive virginia tobacco flavor though that I'm not all that fond of. My wife says its like Im smoking a cigerette. So I thought I would try to trade it out for something more aromatic to her liking. Apperantly its not such a big deal to trade with our brothers to the south so I will open this up to anyone that is interested.
Cheers,
-Rob

Status
Not open for further replies.