PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

rayje589

Can't Leave
Nov 28, 2012
So I bought some relatively cheap glass jars that I thought had a pretty good seal... However when I walk past the area I get the delightful smell of the tobacco... Does this mean the jars are not as air tight as I had hoped? I also found some mason jars while cleaning my room, however I really don't have enough tobacco to justify using them. Any recommendations on maybe improving the seal or maybe a better way of storing small amounts (about a 50g tins worth) of tobacco.

rayje589

Can't Leave
Nov 28, 2012
Thanks rothnh. I took a trip to Walmart and did manage to find the smaller jars. I didn't have a full tin of either of my tobaccos but the fuller of the two managed to fit so I would have to say all or almost of all of a 50g tin fits in these. As much a I will miss smelling the tobacco randomly.

scurvydog

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 23, 2012
I use those small mason jars, the 8oz collections jars for flakes. They work great.

sparroa

Lifer
Dec 8, 2010
Don't cheap out on your jars, but I probably wouldn't worry too too much about smelling the tobacco.
I find a faint trace of tobacco smell on all of my sealed tins (and you better believe that I have checked to see if they've popped) and I think a lot of it stems from an external tobacco smell on those tins from time spent in warehouses and etailer shelves. I may be wrong, but it is too common in my experience to worry about...

Status
Not open for further replies.