PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

pipegangster

Might Stick Around
Dec 29, 2009
Upstate NY
Afetrhours is a broken VA flake sweetened with spiced rum. The tin description reads "A night wasn't complete without a trip to the "private club" for a Cuba Libre or two. Round out your evening, or any other time of day, with this Virginia flake sweetened with the elixir of the Islands, dark, spiced rum."
Upon opening the tin, I was greeted with the aroma of spiced rum and the distinctive smell of VA flake. The rum aroma was not overpowering but very noticeable. The moisture content was a little on the moist side which was very surprising for a C&D blend.
I packed my pipe using the fold and pack method and commenced with the charring light. Upon lighting and puffing, I could taste the rum on the tip of my tongue and the aroma was very pleasant. I did catch a hint of spice on the tongue as well. Sort of like a black pepper taste if one was smoking a cigar. The tobacco took the flame very well considering the moisture content and there was only need for one more light during the entire course of the bowl.
The second and final third of the bowl were pleasant as well. The rum flavoring seemed to burn off and the VA flake presented itself front and center with a little bit of sweetness. The spice remained throughout the bowl. It burned down to a nice white ash and the burn quality was near perfect. There was a little hint of a gurgle towards the end of the bowl, but I attribute that to the moisture content of the leaf. If one were to dry out the leaf before smoking, I think the gurgle would be alleviated.
All in all a great quality tobacco. If you are a VA lover who would like to try something new with not too much flavoring, I HIGHLY RECCOMEND this blend. If you are an English blend kind of smoker and want to dip into the world of a VA, I RECCOMEND this blend to you as well.
Happy puffing brothers and sisters of the briar.
Pipegangster (Brandon)

pipegangster

Might Stick Around
Dec 29, 2009
Upstate NY
Thanks Bob. I think that you will really like it. Of course, you are the master reviewer and I can only hope to be as good as you one day. Please take me under your wing Sensae..haha.
Happy puffing brother.

Status
Not open for further replies.