PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

pipesmoker30

Might Stick Around
Jan 1, 2019
South East (England)
<p>IV just rubbed out all my flake and now using my pouch but I have got the tobacco in the original pouch in my grandads pouch for 2 reasons. 1 to keep the pouch clean and the other to try and keep my grandads scent, makes me smile every time I open it

trouttimes

Lifer
Nov 26, 2018
Lake Martin, AL
I like pouches for when I'm driving. I find loading a bowl is easier from a pouch one handed. I just ordered a roll to get thing a little more together.

anantaandroscoggin

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 9, 2017
Greene, Maine, USA
Years back, I carried a leather fold-over pouch all the time. I can tell you, that if you happen to carry the pouch in your hip pocket, you don't want a pouch with snap fasteners when you're sitting down. I really don't see why any body would actually NEED to have fasteners on a foldover.
Dr. Grabow has a plaid fabric foldover for cheap on their website. It has a silicone rubber lining to keep moisture in its place. I got one a while ago for the hell of it, and it works just fine for anybody who doesn't mind plaid patterns.

pipesmoker30

Might Stick Around
Jan 1, 2019
South East (England)
Mine doesn't have a fastener just folds over, I'm happy with my one for now, like I said I will get a couple of different jars to keep the different brands in and my the pouch for the brand I'm using at the time. I want to get jars for my st Bruno, Erinmore, sevenseas and captain black. Those are my 4 go to ones. Atm, I have tried flavoured ones like black cherry, vanilla and cherry and a few others but soon went off those. I prefer the normal flavours, the funky ones have a good room aroma but not a pleasant after taste.

olkofri

Lifer
Sep 9, 2017
The Arm of Orion
Hmm, I was thinking of using snap fasteners on these. Grr. Ok. No fasteners. Guess that leaves magnetic snaps out too.
Dr. Grabow has a plaid fabric foldover for cheap on their website. It has a silicone rubber lining to keep moisture in its place. I got one a while ago for the hell of it, and it works just fine for anybody who doesn't mind plaid patterns.

Have you a link? When I hit their website all I can see is pipes.

trouttimes

Lifer
Nov 26, 2018
Lake Martin, AL
Olkofri, I bought 3 from some folks on Etsy that are plaid with food grade plastic liners. I like them well enough and they were like $12.00 or so. Just FYI .

downsouth

Might Stick Around
Jul 25, 2019
Since I have a tendency to ruin and lose pouches, when I'm smoking on the go I either keep mine in a ziploc baggy in my pocket or in a small tupperware in my truck, nothing fancy, but then I don't smoke a pipe to be fancy.

lawdawg

Lifer
Aug 25, 2016
I have a plaid (nylon?) fabric roll up tobacco pouch lined with some sort of food-grade flexible plastic that I got from P&C for 7 or 8 bucks. The pouch has helped any tobacco I've put in there maintain its moisture level for as long as I've left the tobacco in the pouch, which is probably about a week or so. I take my pouch (usually filled w/ codger burley) and a couple cobs on most of my outdoor outings.
I eventually would like to get a nice leather pipe roll that would hold two pipes, tobacco, and a couple accessories.

pipesmoker30

Might Stick Around
Jan 1, 2019
South East (England)
I never smoke out on the go and I never smoke in the house, I sit in the back garden, enjoying the sunshine, listening to the world pass me by sipping on one of my pipes, cup of black coffee in hand so don't need to worry about traveling issues. I have about 20/30 pipes that I rotate, about 5 hard pipe cases and about 10 pipe wallets that sit in my box should I ever need to travel with any. I keep mine on display in a Sherlock Holmes cabinet with 5 I rotate on the shelf underneath the cabnet, once I'm board of those 5 I give them a clean, pop them in the cabinet and pick another 5.

pipesmoker30

Might Stick Around
Jan 1, 2019
South East (England)
I know I'm being nieve here but all the cigars iv ever smoked come in a single clear plastic wrapper, is this not the same for the majority of cigars, if it is they should be fine as there sealed until you go to use it?

olkofri

Lifer
Sep 9, 2017
The Arm of Orion
Yeah, cigars do come wrapped.
Another issue with leather that just occurred to me is that the flesh side sheds leather 'dust' and I wouldn't want to smoke that.
Is this suitable for lining? Polypropylene tubing
I'd need something that won't be turned to shreds when stitching it.

htmn246

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 11, 2010
I use a plaid rollup for work works great. Had a leather one with a latex liner. The liner molded together what a mess.

anantaandroscoggin

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 9, 2017
Greene, Maine, USA
@Olkofri, After a brief search, I remembered it is on the Dr Grabow order form. They only accept orders by mail, and with an accompanying paper check or money order. On the 2018-19 order form, the pouch is $2.50 till October 1. The four Excel pipes on the order form are only available through this order form, no retailers will have it.
= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =
International Pipes & Accessories

ORDER FORM (18)
Please tick the relevant box underneath the pipes you wish to purchase from the shape chart on the back of this page.

Pipe Style (e.g. Omega) Quantity Cost Each Total Cost

The Excel Smooth Straight …… .….. $36.00 $...............

The Excel Smooth Bent …… .….. $36.00 $...............

The Excel Rustic Straight …… .….. $35.00 $...............

The Excel Rustic Bent …… .….. $35.00 $...............

Other Pipe Rustic Finish …… …... $….…. $...............

Other Pipe Smooth Finish…… …... $….…. $...............

Dill’s Regular Pipe Cleaners …... $ 1.90 $.….…….

Dill’s Bristle Pipe Cleaners …... $ 1.90 $...............

Dr. Grabow Pipe Filters …... $ 1.15 $...............

3-in-1 Pipe Tool …... $ 3.75 $...............

Tobacco Pouch …... $ 2.50 $...............

Shipping and Handling (If applicable) $ 3.00 $...............

Total $...............
Please note the new prices will apply from October 1, 2018.

North Carolina residents must add NC sales tax of 6.75% to total purchase price.

Enclosed is my check or money order for $....................... made out to IPAL.

Please send it to the address below in the pre-addressed envelope.

Your Name _______________________

Street Number and Name _______________

City _______________________________

State _______________________________

Zip Code _______________________
This offer is valid until October 1, 2019.
Manufacturers & Marketers of: 1731 U.S. Highway 21 S Phone: (336) 372-5521

Dr. Grabow Pipes & Filters P.O. Box 849 Fax:     (336) 372-2875

DILLS Pipe Cleaners Sparta, NC 28675, USA www.DrGrabow.net

Denicotea Filter Products

Jef

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 10, 2019
North Carolina
Bought this leather Larocca 1 pipe pouch 2 yrs. ago for $35. It was worth every penny. It holds everything I need and fits in a pocket just fine.
Jef

Last edited:
Reactions: Bowie
Status
Not open for further replies.