PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

rigmedic1

Lifer
May 29, 2011
Tons of shops have sample packs. I recently tried some Chief Catoonah blends that were fantastic. Hearth and Home are some of my favorites. Jack Peterson at Sterling also provides samplers. And JustforHim has samplers of their Middle Earth blends, but you have to send them a check first, lol. Since 2005 I have tried upwards of 30 new blends a year. "Life is a journey, not a destination."- Ralph Waldo Emerson

mick

Can't Leave
Aug 13, 2012
One small piece of advice. A lot of places do samples of one type of tobacco (like an aromatic sampler or English sampler), if I were you, I would try to sample a wide range of tobacco blend types, like a blend with lots of latakia, a blend with a little latakia, a blend with lots of orientals, one with perique, one with burley, straight VA, etc. That way you will know which direction you would like to explore.

burghbriar

Lurker
Jan 8, 2012
No got to list here, but I just lie to keep buying tobaccos and checking then out, though I'm not an aromatic fan You'll find your tobaccos, it's part of the program

papatoad

Lurker
Aug 24, 2012
Thanks roth,

FOR ME, room note is a big issue for harmony's sake...
I'm intrigued by the emotional science of this pipe thing. It's much like music in that there are certain "rules"

and they can be broken at any time by an innovator or risk taker.
I kinda like the analogy. Tobacco is music you can taste. :puffy:

pipermedic9

Lurker
Oct 15, 2012
Through my own research and shopping around I have found that smokingpipes.com tends to be a few dollars cheaper on tinned tobaccos. Shipping is going to kill you wherever you go though.

mrenglish

Lifer
Dec 25, 2010
Columbus, Ohio
Plus, a lot of places like smokingpipes.com and pipesandcigars.com have a sneaky policy of free shipping if you spend a hundred bucks. It is a nefarious ploy to get us to spend more money and dang it, it works!

robertelliott

Lurker
Nov 5, 2012
For the english blends you can check into any pipe tobacco co. The best for the value and

expense is Sutliff Private Stock . You can check there web site and the variety is excellent.
Happy mortal! He who knows pleasure which a pipe bastows.
Isaac Hawkins Browne :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.