PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

shaintiques

Lifer
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
Just saw this lot abd wish I had the $1000 or more to buy it. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lots-of-sealed-tobacco-tins-Pease-Mcclellands-Dunhill-Gawith-Esoterica-etc-/321108666553?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4ac39168b9.
178 tins!

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
The, "will only ship to the continental US," part rules out those of us blessed to live here in the great white North. Booooo.... not that I have that kind of disposable/investment income available at the moment.
But wow. What a score for someone.
-- Pat

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
That is a hell of a collection, there are too many English blends in their for me but for someone who likes a variety it should be a good buy. I figured it out to be 196 50 gram tins in total so at the current price of `1900.00 that is about 10.00 a tin. I think the high bid should be around 2500.00 or so which is 13.00 a tin. I figure most of those tins are worth 10.00 new and then add 3.00 a tin for the almost 3 years of age.

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
I figure most of those tins are worth 10.00 new and then add 3.00 a tin for the almost 3 years of age.
That's interesting... I was trying to ball-park the high bid, and came to a number that's close to yours.
This all, of course, depends on where the folks who are buying are bidding from. If, for instance, our NZ briar brothers could figure out a way to have all those tins brought over to Aotearoa, even a high bid of $4000 could easily turn into a right nice cellar at costs well below their street price for tobacco. That is, of course, if they could figure out how to land it without exorbitant import costs.
Folks better hope people from states/provinces with high tobacco taxes better not start bidding...
-- Pat

misterrogers

Can't Leave
May 16, 2011
Ohio
-While the package has never been opened, the tobacco inside is not for consumption.
charlton-heston-laughing-gif.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.