PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 8, 2013
:D So it turns out one of my coworkers used to smoke a pipe but had to give it up, but is wanting to get back into it, so I'm hooking him up with some tobacco since he already has a few pipes. He asked about places he can order online so I told him about a few of our sponsors and told him about the forums here. So if a new guy named Brad comes on welcome him with open arms. He's a good guy. Until then, I told him I'd put together some samples for him and I did just that. I've got 11 baggies waiting for him of various blends and styles. Some a few bowls worth, some a number of bowls worth. And I thought I'd throw in an unopened tin of Crown Achievement just for good measure. It's not very often I'm able to do something like this, but when I can it's a lot of fun. I'm hoping all the samples will give us plenty to talk about as he tries them. I've only been able to talk to one other coworker about my favorite hobby, and he no longer works with me. Being able to talk about pipes and tobacco will probably help my day go by a lot quicker :) Cross your fingers everyone. Perhaps we'll be getting another new member to the forums soon :)

cobguy

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
Right on Tony! :clap:
I've got a co-worker interested as well.

We already share cigars so I'm getting him a couple of cobs and some samples.
It's nice to have someone to 'baccy chat with at work! :)

Jan 8, 2013
Hey, for those of us experienced pipers who might visit you, do we get some free beef?
Lol! I wish I could do that gigger :) Hell, I can't even do that for myself! If I could though, it would be free rib eyes for everyone on the forums :D
Thanks all. I'm really looking forward to it.

cobguy

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
I'd even settle for the chuck eyes ... shhhh ... don't tell too many folks about these! :D

buster

Lifer
Sep 1, 2011
I have one friend who enjoys cigars. He knows I enjoy the pipe and we have chatted about it. I am just waiting for the rite moment to give him the hook up. Good on you for spreading the wealth. Hope I can do the same soon.

jchaplick

Lifer
May 8, 2011
Good to hear it.
It's funny I actually logged on tonight to post basically this same thing. Got a coworker off of cigarettes and started on pipes. We ordered some PS LBF and some Mississippi River together, he ordered a cob and I gave him a briar. He seems to enjoy but I'm keeping my figures crossed he sticks to it.
Congrats on the cinvert!

davidintexas

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 4, 2013
Way to go Anthony. I tried to get my brothers interested by giving tobacco and pipes as a Christmas present last year. However, after one or two tries one of them just wasn't interested enough, and the other would rather smoke a cigar, not really being patient enough to learn the in's and out's of the learning curve to a consistent, enjoyable pipe smoke. As much as I would like to have someone to get excited with about different pipes and tobaccos, I don't push it, and hope they will eventually come around as they see how much I enjoy it.

indianafrank

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 15, 2014
Tony, what your doing is great . I wish I worked with you. I just started smoking my pipe after 25 years. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.