PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Perique

Lifer
Sep 20, 2011
www.tobaccoreviews.com
May they never meet. Kidding......
Seriously though, Mother's Day came and went and it occurred to me how lucky I am that Mrs Perique enjoys the aroma of a good pipe tobacco and is 100% supportive of my passion. She's actually said to me that a house doesn't smell quite right without the lingering aroma of a good pipe tobacco. Granted, she's fairly old school for a modern lady.
Ironically, Perique tends to make her sneeze. So I try to choose my bowls carefully when we are together. When we're not in the same room, however, it's a VaPer extravaganza. She likes my burleys and aromatic English blends and the occasional aro that I smoke. So even though she won't see this, I tip my beverage back in salute to the women in our lives who enjoy our hobby (albeit often second hand) with us and support our passions. Lord knows they have theirs, and I try to repay the support. (Which is why I have too any damned horses and a new line of sheep) ;)
Hats off to all those with supportive spouses / girlfriends / lovers / etc.

andrew

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
1380550_577907222274800_833194555_n.jpg

Very true.....

wilson

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 17, 2013
Hey, if my wife and my girlfriend go shopping together, that leaves me time alone to smoke my pipe.

edgreen

Lifer
Aug 28, 2013
My wife has been so supportive of my new passion. Even at a time when my paychecks are much smaller due to retirement. Even at a time when she herself was quitting smoking cigarettes. Even at a time she was getting used to me being home all the time. And I mean , ALL THE TIME. I have a disability that keeps me from riding in a car comfortably, or stand for long, or walk more than a few dozen yards. Not only has she been supportive but actually seems thrilled by my being home with her and by my pipe smoking. She still surprises me after 40 years.

dhizzy

Aug 29, 2011
I am also very appreciative of my wife as she encourages my pipe smoking and also doesn't nag when I throw in an occasional chew. She mandates that I go to the a pipe show every year and looks for things to bring home that feature pipes or pipe smoking. Think gnomes, paintings, books, etc.
So here's to you Perique and your bride. I'm in the same boat and it just don't get no better than this!

anglesey

Can't Leave
Jan 15, 2014
May they never meet indeed! Unfortunately Her Britannic Majesty's Navy has deemed that particular toast to be 'inappropriate in the modern world', so I'm glad to read it here!

sailorjeremy

Can't Leave
Feb 25, 2014
Virginia
I sent my wife a pic of a pipe that I'm looking at on Ebay and she says "Oooo... That one is mine! I'll let you smoke it, but it's mine because it's pretty." Damn I love that woman!

rmbittner

Lifer
Dec 12, 2012
dryseason:
There must be several different Westminsters out there. The one I love (GLPease) would only smell like vanilla if that vanilla had been left to cook overnight in the midst of a raging forest fire.
Bob

kanaka95

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 2, 2014
To all the wife's much thanks for standing by our side.My wife is fortunately supportive of my briar and baccy habits.I'm forever grateful for her.Much thanks to all the brothers of the briar as well.keep puffin on.

12pups

Lifer
Feb 9, 2014
Minnesota
Thank you, SSJones. Needed that right now.
And thank god I annoy her in so many other ways. Pipe is so far down on the list, she might not ever get to that one.

lostandfound

Sep 30, 2011
Yep. I had me a couple chuckles at this thread's expense. That comic strip is priceless. :rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.