PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

spartan

Lifer
Aug 14, 2011
I don't know who invented this shaving thing... but I seriously dislike them.

portascat

Lifer
Jan 24, 2011
Happy Hunting Grounds
I work 4 days on 4 days off. Typically one of those days off, last or first, I work at another prison.
I stop shaving on my last day of work on my primary unit and don't start again until the night before I return to work.
If i am on an extended time off (vacation or whatever), I don't shave at all.
I never have enough time to grow a respectable beard, and instead strive for that "unemployed and soon to be homeless" look.

kamikazesasquatch

Can't Leave
Sep 30, 2011
I lost 6 months worth of growth on a whim. Don't make the same mistake I did. It's not worth it. I'm currently trying to grow it back.

mp31guitar

Lifer
Jun 28, 2011
I have to shave, work dress code for wearing full face respirators. We can have a mustache though.

hnryclay

Can't Leave
Jan 9, 2012
I usually shave after hunting season is over, but this year I still have the beard... It is nice not to have to shave every morning I must admit!

pipetrucker

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 13, 2010
Following the white rabbit
I get the urge to shave it off every once in a while, and whenever I do I realize how much I hate shaving and wind up growing it back anyway LOL. After a couple of bowls, and a couple of 7&7s, I guess I'll just keep it.

pipeinhand

Lifer
Sep 23, 2011
Virginia
Since I was 17 I had a beard. Mid year 2010 I shaved it off after a friend I haven't seen in 15 years commented that there was a lot of grey in it. So off it came. Ever since then everyone who sees the clean face for the first time since the cut says "man you look 20 years younger." Well that was an ego boost. I must say though after 40 years of not shaving, it is getting kind of tiresome. It may come back some day when I get up and just give up shaving.

Jul 12, 2011
I tend to go grizzly in the Winter time , with perhaps some variances on

shadows with a soul patch triangle off the bottom lip :) tends to drive

my visual compliances/Security clearances up the wall (hahahha-hehehe)

winton

Lifer
Oct 20, 2010
The beard started around 25. My Dad tried to talk me into shaving before the wedding, but my bride said we would have to postpone the wedding until it grew back. 19 years later, I took it off. The next day it started growing back. FYI, I trim it to 1/4". If it grows to 3/4", definitely time for a trim.
Per my picture, there is some dark areas, but the rest is grey.
Winton

pipetrucker

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 13, 2010
Following the white rabbit
Winton, I never trim my beard. I just let it grow. Oddly enough, probably because it's pretty thick, it looks trimmed and shaped even though I do nothing more than comb or brush it.

Status
Not open for further replies.