PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jchaplick

Lifer
May 8, 2011
So as some of you know, Ive had some troubles lately, but ive been doing better. I come on the site about everyday, but mostly read (lurk lol) But ive been chiming in every now and then. These are a few pictures of me and my new dog Andy. He is a rescue and is seriously the sweetest dog maybe ever. He does need a surgery that is going to cost me a pretty penny, but its worth it, hopefully that will be the end of my hardships.
This is the car ride home from the shelter, you can see he is already pretty happy to go wherever it is he is going, he didnt know, because he couldnt see
file-1.jpg

This is when we got home, he was already at home the second he walked through the door, and yes he put himself there, he likes to cuddle
file.jpg

This is a week or so later at my girlfriends apartment, he is sitting with me again, which he always does
file-2.jpg

Same occasion
file-3.jpg

He is a really good dog, ive had him for about a month and a half. He definitely makes my life alot better. I do need to bring him in for a semi serious surgery sometime soon, that sucks, and hopefully it goes well. Just wanted to share his pictures with everyone. Im in there too, so you have to deal with looking at me too.
Thanks
John

jchaplick

Lifer
May 8, 2011
I forgot to mention that he has been voted in as the mascot of our pipe club, affectionately know as 'Andy Dunhill'

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
I went for years without a pet when I lost my dog, but I find that the happiness they bring is worth the sadness I feel when they are gone. I like knowing I made their life better, too. My animals are always rescue/shelter animals and they live large at the Baron's house.

jchaplick

Lifer
May 8, 2011
You guys look very happy. I want a dog bad now lol.
Go to a rescue shelter, you cn look at available dogs at petfinder.com I have done both, puppy store with good results, puppy store with bad, and now a rescue. I am pretty sure I will rescue from now on.

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
If you want a cat, just hang around my wife. She's a cat enabler. She buys a cat we don't even own 8 tins of food a week and feeds it bottled water, because she thinks his owner does a shoddy job at caring for it. If you decide you want an obese orange cat, just let me know. :rofl:

photoman13

Lifer
Mar 30, 2012
Thanks guys but I can't afford a pet and the apartment we live at charges an arm and a leg for pets. Oh and if you want to see a man who treats his dog really good check out some of colcolt's threads about his corgi. Warms the heart a bit.

mick

Can't Leave
Aug 13, 2012
Congratulations on your dog! They're great companions. He'll be smoking a pipe in no time, like me! :wink:

mlyvers

Can't Leave
Sep 23, 2012
gald too hear your dog makes you happy, iam also gald that tour new dog is happy to. rescued dogs make excellent pets. we just put our boxer (zoey) down in july. she was a rescue as well, we miss her very much...she had cancer, notthing we could do for her. i know your new family member will bring you much happiness. your dog is cute.
take care.

mike.

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
Great looking dog - congrats! We just adopted a cocker spaniel (about 5 mos ago now). He's 2 yrs old, still needs lots of training as he was an outside dog - but he's very playful and happy and a great addition to the family.

Sep 27, 2012
Upland, CA.
Great dog... he looks so happy... I love dogs they are great companions, especially when I go camping or hiking... my Black Lab always go with me and she loves it. :D

gmwolford

Lifer
Jul 26, 2012
WV, USA
Having a dog (or three) around makes such a difference in one's life: they are always happy to see you and love unconditionally. That's a very cute new friend you have there. It is obvious you are bringing joy to one another. And rescues are the best, IMHO.

lonestar

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
Edgewood Texas
Thats awesome man, looks JUST LIKE a dog a buddy of mine had for years. Wasnt good for anything but making you laugh, but that was the best dog I have ever known. Listened to every command you gave, and was doing what you told him before you got the word out of your mouth.

He got out of the fence one day and was killed by coyotes :evil: I shoot coyotes every chance I get, and I think of Bane every time I do.

Now that I've completely bummed out a happy thread :nana: congrats dude. If Andy is as smart as Bane you've got one hell of a cool dog !

Do you know what breed he is ? That was always a bit of a question with my buddies dog, but Andy looks almost identical just smaller.

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
That's one thing I worry about if I ever move up north to the Big Sky. We have little dogs and there are freakin' wolves up there! If you ever see a pic of me wearing a hat made out of a wolf, you'll know!

Status
Not open for further replies.