PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

texmexpipe

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 20, 2014
I'd try and smoke it when I had a free afternoon and a Buffett of food to keep me from getting the gitters.

bcharles123

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 18, 2014
Anyone know how rare are the blocks of briar that would be big enough for such a beast?

buroak

Lifer
Jul 29, 2014
Noteworthy indeed. By that I mean after buying it you will need a note to remind you to get the fireplace matches relights will require.

philobeddoe

Lifer
Oct 31, 2011
East Indiana
That's just what I need for a nice month or so at home in my favorite comfy chair...just me and my new pipe, two or three tins of tobacco, an I.V. drip for fluids, a nice catheter and I'm set!

Mar 1, 2014
Anyone know how rare are the blocks of briar that would be big enough for such a beast?
No cutter would normally make anything like that. Boswell either knows a cutter or buys whole roots, it probably takes almost an entire root to make one of those.

pitchfork

Lifer
May 25, 2012
Do the Boswells realize or not realize that there's a certain, um, niche market for their big pipes?

lifesizehobbit

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 23, 2015
I have 3 Boswell pipes; I love them and they're great smokers. But whenever I see their pipes page containing something like this, I cringe. Obviously each carver makes their own choices, but this to me is nothing more than a show piece for someone with money to throw away.

jaygreen55

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 29, 2015
It's a clencher for Jaws from the James Bond Movies
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jaws_(James_Bond)

Status
Not open for further replies.