PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
I guess that it's time to rehash this one: A gift to Condorlover from me, shipped from the old 4Noggins.

2v2v9u3EVx3L6Bn.jpg

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
I guess that it's time to rehash this one: A gift to Condorlover from me, shipped from the old 4Noggins.

LOL ... so after only 2 days they concluded it was undeliverable as addressed, but took nearly another month to get back where it started.

That requires a lot of effort and dedication.

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
Ha! Actually, they screwed up the "not deliverable" part, too. The address was just fine. Then it got stuck in this endless loop, where it would still be to this day, had I not called the Nashua, NH post office. They gave me the secret phone number of the distribution hub honcho, who manually went through all the bins to find my package. He told me that they've had boxes get caught in a loop like this for months on end until they finally just disintegrate.

Reactions: brian64

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
That's not even a full month! And you moan as if it were unreasonable or incompetent!

Besides, it's a fine hike from VT to NH in the Fall.....

Bengel

Lifer
Sep 20, 2019
My last pipe bought off eBay sent "3 day" from Kansas went to Hawaii on its way to Idaho. Even with 1 day sunning on the beach it was here in 5 days. I figured it was the only flight available :col:

Reactions: jpmcwjr

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
As elbert so eloquently explained much earlier in this thread, it happens. However based on my busy volume of mail over the years, for various reasons -- and yes, I've had a package vaporized from time to time -- I do suspect that more than half the bitter complaints actually have customer causes. Why would anybody blame a stupid delivery error on themselves? So millions of mistakes, along with those made by the post office, originate with customers, I surmise.

Reactions: Bengel

shanez

Lifer
Jul 10, 2018
Las Vegas
It seems USPS is the worst of the bunch. Fed-Ex, UPS, DHL, etc. don't really care if they loose a customer who only spends a few bucks with them on occasion but they know they have competition and have to have reasonably reliable performance to stay in business. Not so with USPS.

Of course, I write this with a rather nice pipe sitting, inaccessible to me, at a post office station (since it's a holiday today) waiting for pick-up. I missed the package on Friday which requires an adult signature for some reason and no one was home to sign. Re-delivery was not attempted on Saturday. Maybe the signature has something to do with the foreign origin of the package? I've no idea why. It's not going to kill me to wait an extra day for this pipe but I've already been waiting 3 weeks and it's killing me...

Status
Not open for further replies.