PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

hobie1dog

Lifer
Jun 5, 2010
Cornelius, NC
Joined many years ago, got to 7K posts, quit, came back and 3 posts later called it quits again. So I will try to maintain some control this time. Looks like a lot of my buddies are no longer here, par for the course. I still have on my Bucket List to someday meet Kevin, hopefully on my next Florida trip.

EDIT: Fixed Capitalization in Title

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: philobeddoe

hobie1dog

Lifer
Jun 5, 2010
Cornelius, NC
Why did you leave the forum twice?

First time was over a Religious thread, second time was getting a PM from my third post with a guy saying that I had offended him when I told him he didn't have much patience since he couldn't watch a 5 minute video on pipe smoking that I referenced. I just gave up at that point, finding 2 other pipe smoking forums.
I am hoping that Kevin puts a ban on religion and political threads as they always cause trouble.

Reactions: saintpeter

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
First time was over a Religious thread, second time was getting a PM from my third post with a guy saying that I had offended him when I told him he didn't have much patience since he couldn't watch a 5 minute video on pipe smoking that I referenced. I just gave up at that point, finding 2 other pipe smoking forums.
I am hoping that Kevin puts a ban on religion and political threads as they always cause trouble.
I'm not sure if there is an official ban or not, but threads that veer to close to religion or politics are generally considered off limits here these days, and often get shut down quickly. You should be good to go. It's a great community here.

Reactions: Elric and hobie1dog

hobie1dog

Lifer
Jun 5, 2010
Cornelius, NC
Thanks Jay:
5 years ago I got bit by fire ants which caused my immune system to attack and destroy 95 % of my nerves in my arms and legs so the nerves tells the muscles what to do so I lost about 70 % of the muscles in my arms and legs. I went from being a 58 year-old to a 95 year old physically in about 4-6 months and had to quit working, and went 5 months with zero income. Wiped out everything financially that I had in savings.
So now I have had 32 falls in the past 5 years, and as you can summize, can just barely walk. Cannot open a package of crackers, anything bottled, can't pick up a screw or pill off of a flat surface.
But I tell people that it's no different than having a heart attack or a car accident. One minute your fine, the next, permanently changed. My fire ant story is just a little more unique.

philobeddoe

Lifer
Oct 31, 2011
East Indiana
Welcome back Hobie, there are still a few of us around from back then. I’m very sorry to hear about your injury, I’ve never heard of that happening, it’s frightening how fast our lives can be irrevocably changed. Do you still smoke Penzance, I believe that was your go to blend if I remember correctly? Welcome back and try to stick around awhile, I enjoyed your posts and hope to read more from you.

perdurabo

Lifer
Jun 3, 2015
I think religion and political post have always been banned. And if some one is private messaging you and being an ass report them. Glad your back.

Reactions: hobie1dog

hobie1dog

Lifer
Jun 5, 2010
Cornelius, NC
Welcome back Hobie, there are still a few of us around from back then. I’m very sorry to hear about your injury, I’ve never heard of that happening, it’s frightening how fast our lives can be irrevocably changed. Do you still smoke Penzance, I believe that was your go to blend if I remember correctly? Welcome back and try to stick around awhile, I enjoyed your posts and hope to read more from you.

Wow, good memory. Yes it is one of my all-time favorite blends, but I have found others like Pirate Kake and Ten Russians that hit the spot just as well, and they are affordable.

Status
Not open for further replies.