PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

hunter185

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 4, 2012
There are tons of full length western movies on youtube as well. Quality varies, but you can't beat the price! Just search 'western movie'. If you've got a tv, blu ray player or computer hooked to your TV, you're set.

We're supposed to FINALLY have some warmer weather around here this coming week, so I'm going to put a few rides on my colt. Maybe I'll film it and make my own western... I'm thinking he's got a little buck in him somewheres...

You get any riding in over the holidays, Chris?

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
2 others that are important to mention, imo:
The Shootist (John Wayne's last movie, and a great one. Co-stars Jimmy Stewart, Lauren Bacall).
The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford (Not to be missed, imo...great movie. Brad Pitt's performance is good, but it is Casey Affleck's portrayal of Robert Ford that is truly memorable...and a bit creepy).
And just a note regarding The Good, The Bad and The Ugly: IMO, the extended version released in more recent years is inferior to the original. The scenes that were deleted from the theatrical version were better left out.

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
No guesses? C'mon... this question was easy....
Here's a couple that I'm probably going to watch this evening....
They Call Me Trinity

and

Trinity is Still My Name

juvat270

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 1, 2011
I love Tombstone.
"...you called down the thunder, well now you've got it! You see that? It says "United States Marshall."
"The Cowboys are finished, you understand? I see a red sash, I kill the man wearing it!"

philobeddoe

Lifer
Oct 31, 2011
East Indiana
My favorite western is Once Upon A Time In The West. Just simply a perfect movie, Bronson, Fonda, Robards and Cardinale. Directed by Leone with a soundtrack from Morricone. Perfect!

mthanded

Can't Leave
Sep 15, 2012
Just can't beat the Searchers or the Shootist. Open Range and the entire Deadwood series. These never get tired no matter how many times I've seen em. Just to mix it up a bit, don't forget Blazing Saddles either.

hunter185

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 4, 2012
I give up Lawrence!
Has anyone seen an 80's (I think?) western tv series called The Adventures of Brisco Country Jr? It isn't remotely serious, but decently entertaining. And the first episode has an awesome pipe smoking scene!

hunter185

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 4, 2012
gnatjulio - Yep, that's the one. Kind of hokey, but fun. Pic from the first episode below. Just finished Gods Guns with Lee Van Cleef. Jack Palance was the 'bad guy'.

pic.jpg

wallace

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 20, 2012
Open Range is one of the best. Never was a Costner fan till I saw that. Already told the wife if we have another son he's gonna get Bluebonnet as a middle name. Mordecai Bluebonnet. Mordecai's from "Ride the River" for you Sackett fans. Hahaha, we'll see how that works out!

Status
Not open for further replies.