PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

undecagon

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 7, 2011
Chicago, IL
For me it's one thing that consistently really gets me upset.
I smoke a pipe, but can't finish it, so I set it down, often just off on a table, but sometime stupidly back on the rack. Either way, the intent is to go back to it in a few hours, or tomorrow at the latest. But what really just down right pisses me off, is when I forget, and days or weeks go by and I'm getting prepped to smoke and think to myself "You know what? You haven't smoked your peterson (or whatever) recently....yea, the peterson would be awesome right now!" So you go and grab it from wherever you left it, and BAM, a half filled bowl with a chunk of old ash. Now you either scoop it out and take the time to clean, when you really just want to smoke, you risk a terrible smoke and just light up the old baccy (which if you don't remember how long it's been, these smokes can get pretty nasty), or you settle for a different pipe. NONE ARE PLEASANT! :evil:

Jul 15, 2011
Things you hate about smoking pipe
When I act like a dumbass, smoke too fast, and get a bad case of tongue bite. When that happens, I generally have to take a break for a day to let my tongue heal. I hate going a day without my pipe.

Aug 1, 2012
This one happened last night. When you're breaking in a pipe and suck up a burning ember which burns your tongue so bad you have to take a couple days off.
Getting a pipe that looked beautiful in the picture and it is a dog when you open the box. The side effect to that one is you are then out of money for PAD/TAD for a while.

vdubguy18

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 25, 2012
Pretty much the same as the original post...
Just never having enough time on my hands to enjoy an entire bowl. It is always one thing or another that comes up and I end up about 1/2 to 3/4's done.
It never fails and it upsets me the more then anything else.

pipeshark

Might Stick Around
Oct 7, 2012
Az
Four words... DA-DA!! WHERE ARE YOUUUUU? As for the pipe itself.... what is there to hate beyond tongue bite and gurgle?

Sep 27, 2012
Upland, CA.
LOTPR & Flyffishn.... I did the same shit just yesterday lmao
What I hate the most (besides the above) ... I can't afford all the piles and baccy I want :(

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
Aah yes. The never-ending perfect smoke. The bowl you wish was endless and then find yourself trying to relight ash, thinking it could not possibly be over. I should hate it, but I don't. It keeps me trying yet another blend and lighting yet another pipe. It separates me as a pipe smoker from my former self, who knew only another nail to feed an addiction!

sparroa

Lifer
Dec 8, 2010
Some days I pack a great blend in a well seasoned pipe and the smoke just sucks. For whatever reason, my tastes are off or I liked the idea of smoking a pipe more than I wanted to smoke my pipe. Those days are bad days...

lazydog

Apr 24, 2012
scoring a great snag on a great pipe, and the wait before it arrives. Childish anticipation. Hate the wait///

rd02sir

Can't Leave
Nov 1, 2011
The drooling. I drool, sometimes a little drool, most times a lot of drool. All the time I drool. I'm a drooler :(
I hate drooling...

dpkrause

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 3, 2012
Waiting... ordered a bunch of cool pipes, accessories, and tobacco, and now I wait. Worst part is that I got called out of town, so I won't even be here when it gets in. However, this Sunday should be a great day.

msandoval858

Jun 11, 2012
Austin, TX
I too hate not being able to finish a bowl. I've been smoking more flakes folded and stuffed and they burn so damn slow that it's not uncommon I have to put a half full pipe down.
Finishing off a pipe of Irish Flake from last night. I do have to say, the delayed gratification factor worked in to this bowl nicely. It lit back up and burned beautifully with a great flavor! I guess it wasn't a loss afterall.

rd02sir

Can't Leave
Nov 1, 2011
+1 dp
I'm actually waiting on a package from smokingpipes, and it can take a while to ship to Canada, it's been 2 weeks already :(

ghost

Lifer
May 17, 2012
I'm actually waiting on a package from smokingpipes, and it can take a while to ship to Canada, it's been 2 weeks already
I call this the 'aging process'.

igloo

Lifer
Jan 17, 2010
woodlands tx
Those days when you have to repack the pipe two or three times because the draw does not feel right before you can light it . This seems to happen when you have been smoking only flakes or only ribbon and then switch back to a different cut .Other than that it is all good .

zanthal

Lifer
Dec 3, 2011
Pleasanton, CA
Sipping smoke, and instead sipping condensation
4DuDe.jpg

rigmedic1

Lifer
May 29, 2011
Cracking open a tin of highly awaited and highly praised, wait 3 months to find, rare and elusive nobody but this one shop in the middle of the Sahara carries it wonder tobaccos, and discovering that I don't like it. :crying:

undecagon

Oct 7, 2011
Chicago, IL
Sipping smoke, and instead sipping condensation
This past summer two buddies and I went canoeing down the WI River. We went back in HS and now could enjoy ourselves Grown Up Style....meaning w/ lots of Whiskey.
If you aren't familiar w/ the WI River, it's shallow...so you end up walking a lot of it, either because you have to, or because it's hot and the water's nice and you can.
Either way, sudden drop off, and you're drawing river water+condensation+tobacco goop right into your mouth, and even though you brought your cheap pipes, you still can't spit it out right away and risk spitting out the pipe into the bottom of the river! YUCK!

Status
Not open for further replies.