PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

noom

Lurker
Jul 13, 2011
A couple of weeks ago, my pipe fell inside a toilet, while I was having a drink in a bar. Well, I wasn't drinking in that precise moment, but sure you know what I mean.
The fact was that the toilet wasn't "used" yet when that horrible thing happened, but it wasn't cleaner than any toilet else in a bar. So I closed my eyes, grabbed the pipe from the toilet, put the pipe under the tap water for a while and dried the wood with my clothes. After this I decided not to smoke anymore in that pipe, at least until I find a solution to clean it in a proper way.
But I'm not sure about it and I have a couple of questions:

Is the pipe inexorably ruined?

If it still isn't, is it possible to properly clean the pipe after that "accident" without ruin the pipe?
If anyone can help me with this, I would be grateful. Thanks.

grouchy

Can't Leave
Jun 26, 2011
my sister has lost more cell phones that way.

grandaughter put several of my pipes in the dishwasher because she thought they were 'dirty'.

thanks god she didnt know how to turn it on.
water being clean or not i would be inclined to think just a simple rince and let dry would work.

ive had several pipes get soaked in salt/brackish water while fishing. even from rain with no ill effects.

hope this helps and good luck.

brewshooter

Lifer
Jun 2, 2011
Bah, I thought this was going to be one of those fun game threads where everyone lists funny examples of what they would do. Ah well, I would think some high proof spirits through the shank and bowl would sanitize it fairly well, same thing with inside and outside of the plastic stem. As for the pipes exterior, no alcohol, maybe a gentle soap and wipe with warm water?

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
In a similar vein to brewshooter's suggesion; a good "sanitizing" cleaning would be in order.

I would give it the best cleaning it is likely to ever have... just to be on the safe side.

shimrra

Might Stick Around
Jun 21, 2011
oh lord, i thought this thread was going to be about some kind of itch or rash after having your pipe in a strange toilet

grouchy

Can't Leave
Jun 26, 2011
[A couple of weeks ago, my pipe fell inside a toilet, while I was having a drink in a bar]
next time you'll know better than to let your pipe go the restroom alone. :wink:

grouchy

Can't Leave
Jun 26, 2011
"things to do when your pipe falls in the toilet"
sounds like a good title for the next cheech and chong movie.

noom

Lurker
Jul 13, 2011
Thanks for the answers. Especially for the conclusion of not letting the pipe go alone to the restroom. That's something to take care about.
But I was thinking... in case of using alcohol inside the pipe's bowl, wouldn't add it a bad taste to the pipe when you light it?
Sometimes I have considered boiling the pipe, like the pacifiers of babies, but the wood would finish broken, right?

Nov 14, 2009
Flowery Branch, GA
1. Curse...Loudly.

2. Do a lost pet/pee pee dance.

3. Set face to grim determination and grab pipe quickly from bowl like ninja.

4. Shake excess water onto the walls, being sure to add a few more curses.

5. Talk to pipe and apologize for the blatant missuse.

6. Scold for jumping out of mouth or hand.

7. Dry it off and stick it in pocket.

8. Compose self and try not to cry.

9. Exit restroom, cursing a little more.

10. Ask bartender for some strong stuff and clean pipe at bar.

grouchy

Can't Leave
Jun 26, 2011
Sell it on e-Bay and buy yourself a new pipe from Cup O'Joes
ah geeze, i just bought a pipe on ebay a few minutes ago :oops:

ace57

Lifer
Jun 21, 2011
Clean, clean clean, and if it still tastes like s--t, FLUSH,FLUSH,FLUSH!!! :rofl:

teamhavoc28

Can't Leave
Nov 10, 2010
Tear in my beer moment no country music needed. I'd clean and never ever tell anyone what happened. My friends would always use as a reason to explain why I'm full of **@#.

grouchy

Can't Leave
Jun 26, 2011
[A good strong Latakia will help with the urinal cake taste.]
always keep katakia round just for those special occassions.

Status
Not open for further replies.