PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

owen

Part of the Furniture Now
May 28, 2014
Hi guys
As a result of you I recently bought an Estella pipe. Only after did I realise they dont have vulcanite stems, this did. However it is an incredible stem very thin at the point that sits between the teeth, does anybody have a Savinelli pipe with a very thin vulcanite stem?

owen

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
I used to have a Savinelli Autograph that had a very thin vulcanite stem and it was really comfortable. I had no issues in regards to biting through it, the only problem was that it was an older Sav and the vulcanite was very heavy with sulpher and it oxidized quite easily.

clickklick

Lifer
May 5, 2014
Never had a thin one. Betting its a replacement. I've not known Estella's to have anything but the flashy pearly looking colored stems of Lucite.

sjfine

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 4, 2012
I was just thinking about how damn fat mine is before I read this. I like thinner buttons, but my Tignanello is a great smoker.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
All my Sav vulcanite stems seem standard thickness that holds up -- in some cases I can say -- over decades.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Older Savinelli pipes are Vulcanite stemmed and have no filter. I have one, a Guiebelio D'Oro. The stem and button are very slim, like an old Comoys stem, excellent.

Status
Not open for further replies.