PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
Spied this on reddit and just had to share... :puffy:
I had a part-time security guard position at the Zippo factory in Bradford, PA for about 9 months while I was going to college full-time. Hours were mostly on the weekends from 2-10PM but there was the occasional 10-6AM overnight shifts.

When I had first started this job the guy that was training me, let's call him Bob, was telling me about certain ghost sightings that past and current security guards had reported seeing. He was also close with the janitorial staff which spent about 6-7 hours a night in the factory after hours cleaning the place (during the week only). The janitors had a bunch of stories about things they've seen.
Read the rest here:
http://www.reddit.com/r/Paranormal/comments/266ymv/i_used_to_work_at_zippo/

rayje589

Can't Leave
Nov 28, 2012
That kind of reminds me of where I work... people claim to see ...things... all the time. Makes me wonder if there could be haunted zippos out there.

winton

Lifer
Oct 20, 2010
I used a Zippo to light some Haunted Bookstore in the smoking tent at the Chicago Pipe Show a few weeks ago. Yes, I saw vapors rising and it was a misty environment.
Winton

hawke

Lifer
Feb 1, 2014
Augusta, Ga
What about a haunted estate pipe? Some oldtimers were probably very attached to their pipes. Maybe they like to hang around them. Ive never seen a ghost like we are talking about here, but Ive seen and experienced miracles. These things possibly originate from the same realm and not always need to be feared. Some could actually be helpful.

peter70

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 24, 2013
I don't believe in ghosts, but I don't think people, who see them, are crazy. I think, light can travel in ways, our science cannot explain. If these sightings are (light) echos from the past, or even from a different dimension is beyond my imagination, but that there are places, where it happens more often, than others, seems pretty logical to me.

tuold

Lifer
Oct 15, 2013
Beaverton,Oregon
I've talked to housekeepers who work swing and graveyard shifts at the hospital who have quit or asked to be moved to another area because of things like this. The hospital is over a hundred years old, so we've had plenty of time to collect...guests. Some check out, but they never leave. 8O

puffdoggie

Can't Leave
Dec 14, 2013
Went to the Zippo/Case museum a couple of years ago and didn't see any ghosts. Just a voice in my head saying "Buy that knife" & "Buy that lighter". :rofl:

Aug 14, 2012
I have had a few ghost experiences, both verified by a friend who was with me. They are real. "Not believing in ghosts" just means you have not experienced them yet.

sorringowl

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 24, 2010
Think of ghosts this way: if the world is just one big tobacco pipe, and the people in it, different blends, than some of those blends, being stronger (and in some cases, fouler) would leave a ghost.

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
I have had a few ghost experiences, both verified by a friend who was with me. They are real. "Not believing in ghosts" just means you have not experienced them yet.
+1

Dec 24, 2012
I visited the Zippo factory in Bradford PA a few years back. I don't recall any ghosts, but then, my wife says I'm not the most observant person in this hemisphere.

crazypipe

Lifer
Sep 23, 2012
50mhb7.jpg
2cnuoso.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.