PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jlee

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 1, 2011
Denver
I apologize for this up front - sorry. I recalled this old thread after watching this today.
If you like zombie stuff this new video game has a trailer that is horrifying and emotionally wrecking. I'm not much for video games myself but this short movie trailer for the game was unbelievable and is a work of animation and storytelling worthy of mention for folks who like this sort of thing.
http://ingame.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2011/02/16/6069137-the-dead-island-trailer-will-make-you-cry
EDIT *** please be mindful of who you watch this around ***********

pappy

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 17, 2011
I haven't seen the show, no cable. I have read all the graphic novels and I am a HUGE fan of those. Looking forward to the series coming out on netflix, hopefully, someday.

ichbinmuede

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 17, 2011
Amazing serial comic and a fantastic translation in to television. I'm really impressed with how the spirit of the serial was kept intact while the story departed quickly from it in new and interesting ways. Excellent that the zombies were often wrote off as the main worry and people brought in to the spotlight much like the comics. Can't wait for the second season when we can really get in to the meat of it. Haha no pun intended but I gladly accept it.

I'm also not worried in the least about the firing of the writing staff as Kirkman is still on board and as the writer of the comic is one of the most important parts of it. The whole paranoia surrounding that is propagated I'd say by people thinking of it as solely a television series when it is much more than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.