PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

aro222

Can't Leave
Mar 17, 2018
Toronto Ontario, Canada
Well i've had about 4 bowls of this blend now and i think i can honestly say that this one is gonna get real deep in the cellar. I haven't come across a tobacco quite like this one. Sure it smells great, and the Kake is just beautiful, but its the flavour profile that really stands out. I am not a connoisseur of tobacco by any means, however, this blend carries a very distinctive essence with it. I feel like the rum in this blend is almost underpowered while smoking but every so often i get a sweet hit of alcohol on the tongue like i'm enjoying a cold rum and coke on a hot day. It comes as a surprise every time and i absolutely love it. Long after my smoke I can still taste the smokey rum in my mouth but its not sickly, rather sweet and calming. I'm glad this tobacco was recommended to me and I thank all the members who suggested it. In my opinion it is truly a fine blend worthy of a walk down the plank.

dethmutt

Can't Leave
Sep 14, 2018
OK am I the only one who yelled "what the F is in the box" (se7en) when you read that first post?
Give blockade runner a try.. its the base for Frigate. :)
Also I would suggest the entire line of Capt Earl's :) Start with Mystic, then Nightwatch, then 10 Russians, private, etc etc.. enjoy!

ron123

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 28, 2015
Park Ridge, IL
(Also I would suggest the entire line of Capt Earl's [:)] Start with Mystic, then Nightwatch, then 10 Russians, private, etc etc.. enjoy!)
I gotta give this stuff a try. I love Krumble Kakes, too. Just ordered a nice load of 10 Russians...wish I had seen this thread a few days ago...would've tried the Black Frigate...will next time.

aro222

Can't Leave
Mar 17, 2018
Toronto Ontario, Canada
@ron123
Definitely give it a shot. It’s a wonderful blend. Really something special

And if your up for a real smoky treat Pirate Kake is another very hearty blend

One of my favs.

Cheers

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
Yay, another adult pretending to be a pirate, just what Pipes Mag needs are more adults pretending to be pirates. Kidding, y’all have fun with your pirate shite, don’t want to rain on anyone’s (pirate) parade. Whatever floats your boat (Frigate) eh eh, get it?
All kidding aside, I really do enjoy BF from time to time, it’s a nice complex aromatic.

dethmutt

Can't Leave
Sep 14, 2018
I think yall will like the Capt Earls line if yall like frigate. I find them all great.. Ron,Aro if you don't like them please feel free to yell at me. but Im pretty sure you will fall in love with all of the Capt Earls!

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
I think yall will like the Capt Earls line if yall like frigate.
Too much latakia in those for me. It over powers the blends and that's all I can taste. Barely a whisper of it in BF.

shermnatman

Lifer
Jan 25, 2019
Philadelphia Suburbs, Pennsylvania
Aro222 - Avast Ye Swabee! Ye be lookin' real pie-ratey thar, Matey! Excellent post! - Sherm Natman
aro222-600x492.jpg

Chasing Embers

Nov 12, 2014
Yay, another adult pretending to be a pirate,
The biggest difference between kids and adults is bills. What else is PAD other than expensive toy collecting?

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
^^^ Hahaha, that’s true.
So all navy blends are aromatics?

Nope, but this one definitely is in my opinion. To my palate it is heavily flavored whereas something like Salty Dogs has a barely detectable rum flavoring. Call it what you like, Embers, I’ll keep calling it an aromatic, probably mainly because it seems to bug the tar out of you. :nana:

Chasing Embers

Nov 12, 2014
Not really, just don't get anything more than a sweetness in the background. I just go by what C&D calls it.

redglow

Lifer
Jan 7, 2019
Michigan
Good heavens Lovey, Where's my Martini?
And when, exactly, is that National day commemorating those chaps who converse like Pirates?
I must lay in a store of that Black Frigate tobacco down at The Club in celebration!

Status
Not open for further replies.