PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 8, 2013
This is a weird topic, I suppose. So I decided to leave it in General Discussion. So, I was just finishing off the last Reese's Peanut Butter Cup out of a bag while eyeing one of my tins of Frog Morton Cellar which some day will be gone and it got me thinking. What if I had to choose between the very last Reese's Peanut Butter Cup in the entire world forever and the very last bowlful in the entire world of a favorite blend no longer being produced. I got chills, a little shaky, and a bit dizzy, a tad nauseous, and had to sit down for a moment. The idea of such a choice floored me! I even choked back a sob. Peanut Butter Cup or tobacco? What would I do? I think such a choice would prove to be the end of me. What would you do? And would the choice put you in a straight jacket or an early grave?

danimalia

Lifer
Sep 2, 2015
San Francisco Bay Area, USA
Damn. The doctor put my fat ass on a diet so I am Peanut Butter Cup free for the immediate future, but I love those little things. I see some similarities here. I mean, there's always a substitute, but it's never the same. Lots of knock-off Frog blends. Lots of second rate peanut butter cups. Neither are as good as the original, but I guess we have to make do and carry on when the time comes.

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
This is a weird topic, I suppose. So I decided to leave it in General Discussion. So, I was just finishing off the last Reese's Peanut Butter Cup out of a bag while eyeing one of my tins of Frog Morton Cellar which some day will be gone and it got me thinking. What if I had to choose between the very last Reese's Peanut Butter Cup in the entire world forever and the very last bowlful in the entire world of a favorite blend no longer being produced. I got chills, a little shaky, and a bit dizzy, a tad nauseous, and had to sit down for a moment. The idea of such a choice floored me! I even choked back a sob. Peanut Butter Cup or tobacco? What would I do? I think such a choice would prove to be the end of me. What would you do? And would the choice put you in a straight jacket or an early grave?
I don't like latakia, and I LOVE....no I mean like seriously LOVE Reese's peanut butter cups. So that's an easy one for me. I just bought two bags of them right before trick or treat and had them gone in two days.

The fact that you are talking about the last reese's on earth....do you know something? Are they going away?!?!?!?! DON'T LIE TO ME, TELL ME WHAT YOU KNOW NOW!

I must go buy more now....

3rdguy

Lifer
Aug 29, 2017
Iowa
Reeses for me as the PB cup is my favorite.I freeze them as well. Oreo’s is also a well kept secret in the freezer. The frog series never excited me.

There is a rumor going around that MacBaren is trying to buy the name/rights for the frog line from the McClellands. Easy to start a rumor nonetheless..

Reactions: kurtbob and jpmcwjr
I'm not the biggest fan of peanut butter and chocolate. They just changed the recipe on Butterfingers away from being a chocolate covered Chick-o-stick, to being just another damned chocolate and peanut butter candy bar... like we needed another one of those.

That all said, I love a good Balkan, especially when the weather cools down. We finally had some 60F days here, which was sort of a cold snap for us. We aren't used to having to wear long-sleeves on Halloween here.

Reactions: kurtbob
Status
Not open for further replies.