PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpookedPiper

Lifer
Sep 9, 2019
East coast
Apologies for interjecting with tobacco-related nonsense, but a thought just occurred to me. Perhapsibly for Secret Santa 2020 it might be fun, in addition to preferred tobaccos, to make a short list (say 3-5) of readily available, non-unobtanium tobaccos that you haven’t tried, but would like to. That way maybe you could get something you know and love, as well as something that you’re excited to try for the first time. Just a thought. I know it’s extra work for mods or whatever so if it’s a shit idea then no hard feelings.
Which ones would those be for you?

You know...just in case you get picked!

mtwaller

Lifer
Nov 21, 2018
Atlanta, GA
@SpookedPiper damn it, man! I haven’t thought that far ahead ? I guess I’d say Ashton Artisan’s Blend, St. Bruno, Nightcap, Royal Yacht, and Solani Aged Burley? Might be fun to have a little list on the next go round when the form is initially filled out.

Reactions: SpookedPiper

SpookedPiper

Lifer
Sep 9, 2019
East coast
@SpookedPiper damn it, man! I haven’t thought that far ahead ? I guess I’d say Ashton Artisan’s Blend, St. Bruno, Nightcap, Royal Yacht, and Solani Aged Burley? Might be fun to have a little list on the next go round when the form is initially filled out.
Holy astringent plum-like fruit, Batman! Might as well copy and paste all SP.com tobacco lists!!!

That's a great start..I have never had any of those either! I guess that makes us some fairly cheap dates!

Reactions: mtwaller

mtwaller

Lifer
Nov 21, 2018
Atlanta, GA
@SpookedPiper yeah no doubt, doesn’t have to break the bank! The thrill of the unknown is always alluring, I think it’d be awesome to get something highly anticipated and as yet unknown as a gift. And if it sucks and you hate it, well... ?‍♂️ It’s part of the journey.

Reactions: SpookedPiper

SpookedPiper

Lifer
Sep 9, 2019
East coast
@SpookedPiper yeah no doubt, doesn’t have to break the bank! The thrill of the unknown is always alluring, I think it’d be awesome to get something highly anticipated and as yet unknown as a gift. And if it sucks and you hate it, well... ?‍♂️ It’s part of the journey.
Bingo! The fun is watching @jaytex969 post the funniest memes and anticipate the fun! Who knows maybe the unexpected tin ends up being the best tin ever!!!

Reactions: shanez and mtwaller

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
@jpmcwjr , I do remember the Currier & Ives art fondly from childhood. Ranks up there with Norman Rockwell and biker artist David Mann for me.

My dad was a mechanic and all the fellows would swap "fifths"* of whisky and tins of fruitcake & cookies adorned with Christmas images, many of them by Currier & Ives. That sentence is a bit unclear. THe tins, but not the whisky, was adorned...

Here's a porcelain rendition of one of their scenes.

*For Millennials & younger: rotf

A fifth is a unit of volume formerly used for wine and distilled beverages in the United States, equal to one fifth of a US liquid gallon, 4⁄5 quart, or 25 3⁄5 US fluid ounces (757 ml); it has been superseded by the metric bottle size of 750 mL, sometimes called a metric fifth, which is the standard capacity of wine ...

Status
Not open for further replies.