The (Un)Official Secret Santa 2018 Thread!

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
Woo hoo! I'm in this year.
So if I sent an empty bag of Stonehaven, just for sniffing, would that count?
Don't be a Scrooge. At least add some dottle!
jay-roger.jpg

josephcross

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 30, 2015
Jay, I’m feeling the bag may already be too much. Though if a used pipe cleaner was included with said bag I wouldn’t complain at all.

eggrollpiper

Can't Leave
Jul 27, 2018
I was excited until bulk came into the picture.

Nothing like a Ziploc for a gift package. I'd be happy if we sticked to sealed stuff. I don't just smoke anything in a baggy, well I do but I'd like not too.. and I'm the guy who hates buying tins...

P.S. Coca Cola are the culprits that stripped Santa of his pipe.

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
I was excited until bulk came into the picture.
Please put that request in your personal preferences on the sign up form. Many of us are quite open to someone's cellared magic baccy. :D
jay-roger.jpg

eggrollpiper

Can't Leave
Jul 27, 2018
I already submited it b4 I knew it was an option. But perhaps woodsroad would be so kind as to take note. I hate to be a whiny stinker so if it's an issue I can opt out. At the same time, is anyone with me on sealed containers?

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Back to real things!! RE the M-69, I learned more about napalm than I ever wanted to know:
Over Japan they were used in clusters of 38 as part of the finned E-46 'aimable cluster', which opened up at about 2,000 ft (610 m). After separation, each of the 38 M69s would release a 3-foot (1 m) cotton streamer to orient its fuze downward.[5][6] Upon hitting a building or the ground, the timing fuze burned for three to five seconds and then a white phosphorus charge ignited and propelled the incendiary filling up to 100 feet (30 m) in several flaming globs, instantly starting intense fires.[2]

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
OK, I understand the deep seated fear of sending your prized tin of peach-mango-watermelon blend and getting back a ziploc of something disgusting like 10-year old Stonehaven or McClelland 40th.
So, let me clarify here:
Bulk is allowed, but only if it is something not currently available, and it’s in good shape.
As has been pointed out, you can always request to opt out of bulk, but based on the PM’s that I’ve received from some very generous Secret Santa stalwarts, that wouldn’t be advisable.

Dec 24, 2012
After how quickly I went through that delicious Mixture 69 from a couple of years ago, how could I possibly say no.

ashdigger

Lifer
Jul 30, 2016
Vegas Baby!!!
Dan, I was getting gas on an Indian Reservation and I saw this 5 lb bag of RYO advertised as pipe tobacco....since it's hard to find.....you see what I'm thinking?

Status
Not open for further replies.