PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

blackbeard

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 13, 2015
I met several patients of my mothers when she worked in home health; driving into the hills of Kentucky. I knew of one smoking a pipe at 101, and another the oldest....who was still mobile and roaming smoking her cigarettes and enjoying her daily bourbon. The fact that they worked hard during their life probably had a role in the age...however...after being told several times by people over 70 that "The key to everything is moderation" I'm inclined to believe it.
This post made me miss my mid 80's neighbor in Florida....and now I need to contact him.
As always thanks for posting!

jvnshr

Staff member
Sep 4, 2015
Baku, Azerbaijan
Pipe-smoking and beer killed my grandfather.
His pipe fell out of his mouth and he tripped over it while running across the street from a jealous husband, and a Budweiser delivery truck ran over him. He was 98...... :)
Is that real? Or just a joke?

• Haha
Reactions: burleybreath

12pups

Lifer
Feb 9, 2014
Minnesota
One, the other, both or neither -- It's my new life's goal, jvnshr!
:)
(Post coitus pipe-smoking run at 98? I'm only 54, but it's not too soon to start training up for it! Wait. What proof was there he was running from a jealous husband and *not* to the next housewife on his morning circuit?).

Reactions: jpmcwjr

seacaptain

Lifer
Apr 24, 2015
Pipe-smoking and beer killed my grandfather. His pipe fell out of his mouth and he tripped over it while running across the street from a jealous husband, and a Budweiser delivery truck ran over him. He was 98...... [:)]
My grandfather died peacefully in his sleep. His passengers went out screaming though.

hextor

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 20, 2015
My dad in his younger days smoked pipe in occasionally, then somewhere down the line he turned into a cigar smoke,I had brought my pipes to his house on Saturday for him to try out,and he liked it,I try to give him one but he refused and told me to buy him a new one!!! I had told him I will be glad to, he just turned 60 and he has no grey hairs yet and he still gets hit on by ladies matter where we go, I think it must be because he take his time to sit still and smoke and relax.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Mr. Perri knows that a sports jacket always spruces up your look. He's learned a thing or three over his years.

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
we apparently must tread lightly
We shouldn't.
Gentlemen and ladies are able to disagree without making it personal, and while remaining if not friends, at least collegial.
PC is bad, but the ancestor of it is the mistaken notion that disagreement implies dislike or a judgment of inferiority.
Even Mixture 79 smokers can be good people, as some here have demonstrated.

gunny

Lurker
Nov 15, 2015
If it wasn't for my Copenhagen I think my tenure in the military would've caused me to have a heart attack. There was nothing more satisfying than a chew after or during a patrol, or while sitting in another PowerPoint slay fest, or a long night on duty. I've chewed for 26 years and I've never had any oral problems, granted I take oral hygiene serious.
Glad to know a pipe can keep you young :D I'm on a quest to fight genetics.
I would've never guessed Mr. Perri at 95 years young!

mrbigglesworth

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 1, 2015
Winston Salem, NC
Well, I posted a couple weeks ago that my blood pressure went from high to normal this year, coinciding with picking back up the pipe. I know there are other things that contribute to good health as well, but I was surprised to see a correlation with this topic and previous studies done. I was surprised, however, by the pipe smokers on this forum that seem to doubt or dismiss the idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.