PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

timt

Lifer
Jul 19, 2018
I find the bulldog to be the single ugliest shape I have yet seen.

Ha! Wasn't there a thread recently about our least favorite shape? I believe everyone knows that the blowfish is the ugliest. Bulldogs are cool.

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
I like the Peterson brandy/volcano B11, but it's not a generally admired shape
I like the B11. Not generally a bent stem fan (outside of churchwardens) but I do like Peterson's bent shapes. Some of the Sav one's as well, I have a 904 and a 920.

pepesdad1

Lifer
Feb 28, 2013
PeterD-Buffalo Spirit has the best, largest collection of Canadian shaped pipes of anyone I have ever seen...he has a couple that Ron of RdPipes made for him...similar to what papipeguy has, made by the same Pipe Carver.

Ron's pipes are, to me, elegant...and PeterD-Buffalo Spirit has the largest collection as I stated above.

I have 3 in my collection...a Comoy Golden Grain, a GBD Virgin and a Yello-bole Canadian...all are excellent smokers.

Forgive an old man who repeats things too often.

timt

Lifer
Jul 19, 2018
Never thought I was a fan of the Canadian shape but ended up with a couple. They're technically bent billiards I suppose but I consider them Canadians. The first is a Rossi 8812. It just has a little bend right at the tip of the stem. It's another one of those Rossi pipes that I liked so well I got a similar Savinelli. The Savinelli is a 814 KS. The little bend at the end is nice as I clench pretty much all the time.
I'll ask my wife if they make me look stately. She wouldn't lie.

tulsagentleman

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 7, 2019
Alaskanpiper: I find the bulldog to be the single ugliest shape I have yet seen. :)
And yet, he bought a MM Bully on the first day they were announced. :)

bnichols23

Lifer
Mar 13, 2018
SC Piedmont
Boom. Thanks, Tulsa! }}:)
Funny thing is, when I was getting my Elba out of the rack a little while ago, I passed over 6 bulls to get to it. I'm Evel Knievel!

B

writingraav

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 11, 2018
I agree with the opening comments of this thread completely. Canadians of various stripes are my favorites hands down. I have a Comoy, Ashton, 2 Crawfords and more. I also have a Savenelli Bing's Favorite that I think qualifies.
As for the bulldog, I think its appeal is how comfortably it can be clenched.

bron340

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 16, 2019
Minot, ND
I personally like the canadian shape...if it is balanced. I have two, a slim prerepublic meer lined Pete', which is quite small, and a Savinelli, which is large and unwieldy and does not lend itself to a pleasant smoke.
20190514_110603-600x450.jpg
The Peterson

augiebd

Lifer
Jul 6, 2019
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
I like the Canadian family, I will admit it is a bit about the fact that I am a Canadian but it is more the shape. I like the long stem and what I find to be a classic shape. I have 3 of the Canadian shape (Savinelli KS, Brigham Canadian Sesquicentennial, 1933-37 Frank Medico) and a 1962 Dunhill root briar Lovat. I smoke the Lovat the most and haven’t smoked the Brigham yet.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Well, given your correction post is but two minutes after the original, you could have edited it and no one would have been the wiser. So you learned something by your mistake!
It wasn't one everyone would catch, and anyone who'd make a big deal of it is a dick; the context was clear.

husky

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 1, 2019
I have a brandy with a long, oval shank.

Is that anything bordering Canadian or just an abomination?

Status
Not open for further replies.