PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
For a few weeks, I've had a young stray dog as a gardening buddy, and general outdoor companion. I'm more of a cat person, and have always liked other peoples dogs, but never had a desire to have one of my own. My wife also had it as an outdoor companion, but no mention of it was made to the kids. That would mean having to claim the dog. Of course, I always made sure it had food and water, but had no intention of claiming the puppy.
While doing yard work over the weekend, the puppy makes an appearance, I pet him, he follows me, same old routine, except......my eight year old daughter screams from the house, "A PUPPY!". She burst from the front door, and comes to play with the puppy. Inner voice," Oh, boy...". She is trailed by my three year old son, who has somehow found a way to be naked again (anyone with kids understands this), who is screaming, "PUPPY, PUPPY, PUPPY!!!" Now both children playing with the puppy, I look back to the door to see my wife standing there with a questioning eyebrow raised. Yep, we have a dog now. No name chosen yet, but he is an excellent leash dog, gets along with the cats, and enjoys my morning lunts.
img_20170815_134516-337x600.jpg

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
That's a beautiful young dog and looks in excellent health. Clearly it likes children a lot. He looked at a lot of different families, but yours was by far his preferred choice. He knew that as soon as the kids showed up .... Congratulations.

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
This is the one that made her way into our lives. She chose us and feel blessed that she did...
h1IkxXu.jpg

josephcross

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 30, 2015
This is my favourite post of the day Duane. Hope all is well with your newest family member!

Chasing Embers

Nov 12, 2014
He's taken up quite well with everyone, and has already figured out puppy mats. He's adopted my pillow for his bed, and has made himself at home. Very happy to have him in the family. Did just discover he's a snorer. :mrgreen:

Chasing Embers

Nov 12, 2014
This is the one that made her way into our lives. She chose us and feel blessed that she did...
What a cutie! It's amazing what animals can do for the home atmosphere!

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Why is it when animals snore, it is only a lullaby? Our little short hair cat saws and whistles, and she is music to our ears. She was a teenage mom before she could be spayed, and she had perfect instincts about what to do. At a certain point, she taught her three kittens to hop up into bed and sleep with the people despite their diminutive size. Okay, kids, here's the really good place to sleep, plenty of warmth and nice soft niches, just be careful about how people roll. My wife found a home for all three siblings in one household where they still reside. Boy did her little cat hit the lotto.

Status
Not open for further replies.