PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

tennsmoker

Lifer
Jul 2, 2010
Well, now. How about that. Loved the video. The science is just amazing!
Now, I gotta get me some of them strike anywhere!

wnghanglow

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 25, 2012
Well now were going to get a lot of people saying they can taste the potassium whatchamacallit in the matches and people swearing the strike on the box type taste better :p
In all seriousness this was a question I never thought to ask but I'm glad I know now, any information about this hobby is good information!

allan

Lifer
Dec 5, 2012
Bronx, NY
What a great short video.
When I use these, I let it burn for a few seconds. I do smell the chemicals, but, so what?
:)

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
Awesome post shutterbug.

And, you're still under a hundred posts, AND you followed rule Number Nine, Number Nine, Number Nine.
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Now if I could find some Strike Anywhere Matches. :crying:
:puffy:

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
Cool video...thanks for posting.
Those strike-anywheres definitely do come in handy at times.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kv0b9TxAtG4

shutterbug

Can't Leave
Apr 12, 2013
It's ironic:

In the U.S., when I buy all of my tins, it's really cheap and readily available (unlike here in Canada).

In Canada, I buy all of my Strike Anywhere Matches as they are readily available but you can't find them in the U.S.

I should start bringing boxes of matches across the border for some trading opportunities!
Shutterbug

undecagon

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 7, 2011
Chicago, IL
I find strike anywhere matches here in the US. But not "readily available." Just hit or miss visits to the grocery.
Still wish I could light them with my thumb like James Caan in "Misery!"

bullbriar

Can't Leave
Mar 6, 2013
We used to use these years ago in Boy Scouts. Got good at lighting them off our zippers. One brave kid always used his front tooth! After seeing that glass crystals are used on the tip, that kid probably has a front crown by now....

Thanks for posting, very interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.