PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Ever the insomniac, and always looking for more comfortable bedding, has anyone tried the Purple Pillow? At 10 pounds and a $100+ price tag, is it worth it?
c-v-z-5696-color-fix@2x.png

stflorian

Might Stick Around
Jan 16, 2015
I know two people with the Purple Mattress, one has the mattress and the pillow and he absolutely loves it. I have only briefly slept on the mattress and it is out of this world hands down the most comfortable mattress I have ever laid on. If you haven't already, check out their videos.

seacaptain

Lifer
Apr 24, 2015
I may need to look into this. I've had a life long battle trying to find a good pillow. Even tried "My Pillow" and don't really care for it that much.

Chasing Embers

Nov 12, 2014
Been doing a lot of reading, and they have several complaints of a chemical smell that washes away with a rinse. Small price to pay if it helps someone like me stay asleep.

stflorian

Might Stick Around
Jan 16, 2015
I helped my brother unpackage and get it set up when it arrived and I didn't notice a smell.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
I've used buckwheat hull filled pillows for the past 20 years and wouldn't use anything else. I prefer the roll shaped type, not the big flat shape. The roll or high small pillow, shape well to my neck and head. The flat one is a waste of space.

npod

Lifer
Jun 11, 2017
Relax The Back store has great pillows or search. I ended up with one from there and a new mattress after my back surgery. The thing with pillows, and insomnia, is that trial and error is necessary. You just don’t know until you actually sleep on it.
I also love the buckwheat pillows. I have two on the couch for watching TV and surfing the internet. I slept one one for years until I ended up preferring memory foam pillows for bed.

jacks6

Lifer
May 9, 2016
I may need to look into this. I've had a life long battle trying to find a good pillow. Even tried "My Pillow" and don't really care for it that much.
I have the "My PIllow" too. It was nice at first and then molded into something completely unbearable over time.

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
I've used the buckwheat for years and like them a lot.
If it's any help, I suffered from insomnia for about 10 years, but in 2015 turned it around by being analytical about the facts:
1. falling asleep is one of the most effortless of acts.

2. It's fear that I won't be able to fall asleep that keeps me from falling asleep, and nothing else.
By keeping these facts at the front of my mind, although I may have some fear, it doesn't dominate my mind, and I quickly slip into sleep. I also take sleep meds and I don't lay down to sleep unless I am very tired. I've had very good success with this for three years. I also remind myself that having to get up because I can't fall asleep is no fun at all.

npod

Lifer
Jun 11, 2017
I struggled with insomnia for years. Then I got a divorce and I’ve slept well every since. True story.
My body sleeps well when my mind is at peace. But a good pillow helps.

Chasing Embers

Nov 12, 2014
I see they have entire mattresses made of the same material. Don't know if I'm ready to scrap the Tempurpedic just yet.

mikefu

Lifer
Mar 28, 2018
Green Bay
+1 on the buckwheat hull pillows. I’ve had a couple sports neck injuries and now have arthritis and other neck issues, and I’ve really only been able to get comfortable enough to sleep on a buckwheat hull pillow for 20 years now. I love the firm moldability and how cool sleeping it is, particularly compared to any type of foam.

Status
Not open for further replies.