PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

raevans

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 20, 2013
So....I have been searching for the ultimate Cherry blend for about the last year. A lot have come close, but all seem to be just short of what I'm looking for. I have found some that have the perfect aroma, but lack in taste. Others have plenty of taste but lack body. It always seems that something falls just short. So, as I have been sampling the various tobaccos, I have been throwing the remains of the tins into a big Tupperware container. This has been going on long enough to accumulate over a pound of remains. Today, I open the container and find the most delightful cherry aroma. I decide to give it a whirl and load up a pipe full and set lighter to it. WOW!!! This has to be the best cherry blend that I have ever tasted. Nice full body, great aroma, burns just right. Everything that I have been searching for, I have in my pipe, it is pure Heaven. Now the problem....I mixed so many different blends together, that there is no way that I will ever be able to duplicate it again. I guess that I better enjoy it while I have it, for all to soon it will be nothing more than a fond memory and the beginning of a long winded story...Kids, I remember the time, long ago, when I discovered the perfect cherry blend....

jackswilling

Lifer
Feb 15, 2015
Enjoy it while you can. I guess the life lesson here is documentation. Since I fail at such things, it would remain a mystery to me.

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
I really enjoy experimenting with mixing my tobaccos. I'm not talking about mixing up tinned tobaccos but rather bulk blends and stuff from 14 or 12 oz tubs. I don't write anything down, or measure anything. A pinch of latakia blend added to a small handfull of BOR and I've got a nice flavorful smoke.

BOR, btw, is a mixture of random tobaccos all by itself, but from my experience it primarily consists of cavendish blends. It is worth its price, imho.

raevans

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 20, 2013
I hear you Newbroom, I love to blend my on "creations" as well. That's why I am really blown away by this one. I wasn't really trying to blend anything. This was all made up from tins and samples that had maybe a bowl or two left and I didn't want it to go to waste so I just threw it into the Tupperware. I usually do that with all of the tobaccos that I smoke when I get towards the end of a tin. It just worked out that over the last few months I have been sampling cherry blends heavily. As well as the cherry blends, there is also various Latikias, Virginias, Turkish, Carolina Ribbon, etc. in this mix. There's no way to tell everything that was thrown into this one, but it has turned into a true delight.

May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Ah the hunt for the perfect cherry blend. I traveled that path myself. I found I prefer Mac Baren's 7 Seas Red, Lane's Very Cherry and TK-6, and Peter Stokkebye's Cherry Bon Bon.

raevans

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 20, 2013
With the exception of 5 brothers, there is a little bit of every other tobacco listed or shown in this mix. (plus twenty or thirty others as well) :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.