The Original Tinderbox, Inside - pic heavy...

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

zunismoke

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 3, 2010
NC
Before I moved to NC I would go with a friend to this shop almost every Sat. for about 5 years. We would hang out for around 3-4 hours and then go on home. They always have coffee and donuts for anyone that wants to partake.

ejames

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
Neat place!! I have been in only one Tinderbox store. It was in the Cherryvale Mall in Rockford,Illinois.

pdmus

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 5, 2011
Santa Monica, CA
mp31guitar
- I don't know, maybe they are for tobacco or cigar storing.

It was really enjoyable taking the pics. I brought a pipe, they filled it with Ed's Ebony Gold and a wondered around, puffin, taking pics and wishing I could buy this pipe, that pipe, etc., etc......I have found that if you dry the rabbit for at least a year, it provides a nice, long smoke.
We are moving to our house in the mountains soon and I won't be back there for a while, so I spent a few hours there. I'm used to a drive of 5 minutes to get there, so it will be a change, having smoked a lot of free tobacco there - as well as spending a lot of $$$

schmitzbitz

Lifer
Jan 13, 2011
Port Coquitlam, B.C.
IT WAS A JOKE! Note Bob's words on his profile with the posting - he started it!
Ah! It all makes sense now! Sorry, I'm a little slow this morning; coffee isn't providing its normal kick...lol, just the way you had randomly dropped that line in the middle of the paragraph had me wondering (and about to request a review...would be interesting to see if the blend bites due to chemistry, or due to being pissed off about being stuffed in a pipe and lit on fire).

pdmus

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 5, 2011
Santa Monica, CA
schmitzbitz
Just to make sure, I do not smoke mammals, marsupials, reptiles, insects, crustaceans or rodents; they cause all sorts of problems especially to brier. As well as meerschaum. I only smoke a sort of leaf we call tobacco. Let me know when the rabbit review is posted, I can't wait to read it!

docwatson

Lifer
Jul 2, 2009
New England
This is the finest pipe shop on the west coast in my opinion. Some years ago I visited there and sold Ed Kolpin a Kaywoodie carved head. Ed was a collector of Kaywoodies and even had a collection of the miniatures in the front of the store. I was fortunate enough to get a tour of the warehouse which is located behind the store where MANY high grade collectibles were on display also. It was a very pleasant afternoon that I spent there and shall never forget it. If you get a chance to visit, don't pass up the opportunity.

Status
Not open for further replies.