Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

hobie1dog

Lifer
Jun 5, 2010
Cornelius, NC
Can't stand to watch death and destruction, shows how Insane our society is calling it entertainment.
Don't bother responding to this comment.

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
Sorry, I gotta! You knew I would.

We, "our society", is not any different than various societies throughout history. Whether it was the Romans at the Colosseum, revelers in the Indian Terr. attending Sunday hangings with the kids in tow, Incas raptly watching their priest tearing the heart out of a living person, Washington social elites attending First Manassas with a picnic lunch, the peculiar love the French have for Guillotin's invention, people throughout history love watching the blood of others being shed, righteously of course. Entertainment at its best for many! This is why States have no trouble finding witnesses for their executions. And no one, not parents, sociologists, "shrinks", Popes, nor politicians can change human nature. It's not insane, it's human nature. Human nature at it's basest perhaps but, normal behavior none the less.

Reactions: kanaia and kurtbob

kanaia

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 3, 2013
Actually the Japanese bombed Sand Island and spared Eastern Island due to Eastern had the runways at the time. Sand Island was a seaplane base. Photo of Eastern with it's three runways.10259

kanaia

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 3, 2013
Warren that post reminded me of one of my favorite quotes when Eleanor of Aquitaine is talking to her son's:
"
Of course he has a knife, he always has a knife, we all have knives! It's 1183 and we're barbarians! How clear we make it. Oh, my piglets, we are the origins of war: not history's forces, nor the times, nor justice, nor the lack of it, nor causes, nor religions, nor ideas, nor kinds of government, nor any other thing. We are the killers. We breed wars. We carry it like syphilis inside. Dead bodies rot in field and stream because the living ones are rotten. For the love of God, can't we love one another just a little - that's how peace begins. We have so much to love each other for. We have such possibilities, my children. We could change the world."

Status
Not open for further replies.