36 Fresh Estate Pipes

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
The earliest recordings of Europeans' experiences with tobacco in the New World was very different from how we recall people discussing tobaccos today. They record smoking tobaccos in pipes that open up a new outlook on the world, a heightened sense of reality, hyper reality. Some talk about it as if it changes perceptions, but not in a hallucinatory kind of way. More of just a hyper-awareness. Now, I don't get any of this from usual tobacco blends, but Cotton Boll Twists, and stronger burleys do give me a "different" kind of awareness, making it easier to think, and parcel out my thoughts.

Most store bought blends don't really phase me at all.

admiral

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 15, 2017
madox07, that was a great post, I am glad you shared it with us. In the mornings, I take my 3 year old boy to kindergarten and then head to work. From the kindergarten to work it is 15 to 20-minute drive depending on the traffic. After a while I realized how calm I was driving whenever I had my pipe in my mouth, I don't care about irresponsible drivers, just feel the taste of tobacco I am smoking while enjoying my morning coffee.
Sounds exactly like my morning routine :)

Just my driving takes 5-10 min longer :) and I often finish my smoke in the car at the parking lot in front of the office :)

Status
Not open for further replies.