PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

fredvegas

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 2, 2010
Has anybody been to The Leaf and Ale in Knoxville, TN? I'm going there for work next week, and while the name of the place sounds like a bar in which you can still smoke, the website makes it sound more like just a store.
Any other recommendations for my time in Knoxville?

fatman

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 18, 2011
Yessir, been there. Mike is a frik'n GREAT guy. Yes, hes has quite the selection of hops and barley, but his humidor is well stocked, and pipe/t'baccy supply is none short of damned good. One of his 'guys' is a pipe maker and has some well priced and very attractive wares! just up the road from his shop is a liqour store which IMO is the Super Wal-Mart of booze huts! Feel free to drop my Fatman NAME...if he dosent run you out...I done good! ;-)

volsmcfalls

Lurker
Feb 14, 2011
Leaf and Ale is a pretty nice little store. The selection is slimmer than some, but it's got a nice little smoking area with high back leather chairs; they even host a pipe club meeting there once a month.
Another good shop that I really like is Smoky's. It's down the road a bit from Leaf and Ale, near West Town Mall, right beside the Starbucks. Smoky's has a much larger selection of pipe tobacco, and a separate smoking lounge.
Also, if you venture up to the mountains (I highly recommend it as I grew up there), visit The Gatlinburlier in Gatlinburg. You'll be hard pressed to find a greater group of guys. Extensive tobacco selection, and very unique blends. It might seem like a touristy place, but I buy more tobacco from there than anywhere.

fredvegas

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 2, 2010
Sweet candy. My hotel is right next to that mall. Sounds like Smokey's will be my afternoon hangout, especially if they have wifi and/or beer (preferably "and", but I'll take what I can get). Not sure that I'll get all the way out to Gatlinburg, but I do have an assignment at the Smoky Mountain Knife Works, so maybe if I get there early enough, I'll have some spare time to bebop down the road to the Gatlinburlier.
Anything else I should see? Where do all the high school college girls hang out?

volsmcfalls

Lurker
Feb 14, 2011
I'm honestly not sure if Smoky's sells beer or has wifi. And being literally RIGHT next door to Starbucks, you can probably at least piggyback onto their wifi.
And class is out now at UT, except for mini-term classes. But "The Strip" is where all the college kids hang out (it is officially Cumberland Avenue, on campus) or in the Old City (historical part of the downtown Knoxville area).
And Gatlinburg is a pretty good distance from the Knife Works.
Have a good trip!

Status
Not open for further replies.