PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mothernaturewilleatusallforbreakfast

There can be joy, as well as, hardship with smoking restored estate briar. I'm glad you're experiencing joy.

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
When I was heavily into refurbishing old pipes I took great delight in smoking those which I decided were to be keepers. Knowing what state it was in when it arrived here and knowing the hours spent on making it sparkle again made that inaugural smoke rather special.
I still have several boxes of pipes to work on but for some reason I just can't get around to doing anymore. My intention always was to sell on those which I decided not to keep (mostly straights) but to date I have yet to sell a single pipe :roll:
Regards,
Jay.

jackswilling

Lifer
Feb 15, 2015
How about another thread about how used pipes are gross. I brought a couple used houses and used the toilets and stepped on the bathroom floors barefooted no less.

voorhees

Lifer
May 30, 2012
Gonadistan
Received a slightly tired vintage Kaywoodie Hand Made a while back. Very well used, but a nice chunk of briar. Stem had a hole in the bottom near the button, filled that. Ream and clean and now back in service. Had to be someones favorite for a long time. I plan on enjoying too.

Funny thing is my tooth falls in the same spot and will have to fill it again at some point. Never had that happen before.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Last year, I posted an editorial from a 1946 copy of "The Pipe Lovers Magazine" that had this advice:
"And rather than see a favorite companion fall into the hands of a stranger, he would sooner break it himself and discard the pieces"
Our sensibilities have changed a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.