Status
Not open for further replies.

fnord

Lifer
Dec 28, 2011
Topeka, KS
Scarface and Big Pond:
Wow!
You guys totally dicked a really simple comment about a new version of a couple of American classics.
"LOL! We did... this is it. [:nana:] "
Yep, that's something to be proud of, Bigpond.
And, Scarface? You're no better.
"...enjoy your Captain Black."
You two gomers just fucked yourselves out of meeting and getting to know some of the kindest, most cordial, decent, giving and sharing friends you'd ever have the opportunity to meet on any forum.
Internet toughguys. So stupid. Can't see a quarter inch beyond their two inch Johnsons.
Full apologies to Kevin, Al, et al. (Couldn't let this one slide. I've enjoyed this forum for years.)
Cheers,
Fnord

bigpond

Lifer
Oct 14, 2014
Cooler heads prevail old boy. You seem to have linked my posts to Scarface's, might want to go back and reread what I wrote. I think you'll find I simply posted a different opinion, as did several others, and let it drop after Scarface revealed himself to be incapable of adult discussion. The thing about forums is you never know how a thread is going to go or when some will set it off track. Best not to take it personal when all goes wrong though.

skraps

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 9, 2015
...and let it drop after Scarface revealed himself to be incapable of adult discussion.
Amen to that.
When your exclamation point on every argument is to drop an insult, no point in furthering the conversation.

Dec 24, 2012
Nothing wrong with a good insult. Insults bounce off of me like water off a duck's ass.
We are all just having a little fun busting each other's balls. All in good fun.

kanaia

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 3, 2013
I agree that GF I & II are great movies but I would have to put them 2 and 3 in my book followed by the best movies ever.

The Outlaw Josey Wales..Even Brando doesn't hold a candle to Clint.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
There is only one true Godfather...and one true greatest actor.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0MkJkenBI4

bigpond

Lifer
Oct 14, 2014
This is still going?
Scarface...you've turned this thread into the pool scene from caddy shack.
Please see this thread for assistance.
http://pipesmagazine.com/forums/topic/this-forum-needs-an-ignore-poster-feature

daveinlax

Charter Member
May 5, 2009
WISCONSIN
RIP Abe Vigoda The Godfather's Sal Tessio I loved the Godfather movies and they've held up really well over the years. I've watched all the other gangster movies listed and The Godfather is the only picture I enjoy re watching every few years. I know production styles change but IMO with the older pictures the stars look they're preening stiffs reading cue cards and the Godfather just looks natural. 8O

bungee

Can't Leave
Oct 31, 2015
Great movies. Watched them a bunch of times over the years and would love to see this re-cut.
Having said that, I believe Once Upon a Time in America is way better.

Script, actors, acting, historical setting, aesthetics. I think it surpasses The Godfather in every aspect.

I never tire of it.
Cheers,
J

perlasca

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 11, 2015
They tried this before: The Godfather Saga.

Which I remember as having deleted scenes and put in order better.
I really want to see this most up to date version.
I hope I don't ruin anything for anyone here, no really a spoiler.

Now I haven't seen this new version as I said before, but Have caught some of the "Saga".
My favorite part, which were filmed a few different ways but, were deleted from the Original is when

Michael gets his revenge on Fabrizio (Michael's Body Guard in Sicily, Traitor) who ran away as Appolonia,

Michael's first wife gets killed in a car bomb meant for Michael.

Well, one scene shows Michael entering a Pizza Parlor in Buffalo and murders Fabrizio or the other deleted scene

showing Fabrizio closing up his Pizza place and starting his vehicle, which blows up.
I believe it's all in the Godfather books.

According to the book "The Quiet Don" about Russell Bufalino, From my part of NorthEastern PA. It says Russ

visited Brando on site and that's who Brando used for his character Vito.

Status
Not open for further replies.