PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
@Daniel: Ha, no, not top secret. I'm still working on it, the data didn't translate cleanly to the Excel format. I have to do some more editing before I can release it. When I do, I'll post a link to Drop-Box to pick it up. Right now, it's a tabs on my "Pipe Log" and I don't want anyone sharing that with Mrs. Jones...

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
4/19 Update:
I completed updating the GBD shape chart, in Excel format so it can be amended. You can download a copy from the link below. If you notice a shape on a pipe forum, Ebay, etc. that isn't listed, please send me the information and I'll update the document.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/74716036/GBD%20Shape%20Chart.xlsx
I'm not sure this link has been shared, an article on GBD by Jacques Cole.

http://rebornpipes.com/2014/09/07/finding-out-who-created-gbd-story-of-a-pipe-brand-jacques-cole/

Mar 30, 2014
wv
Reference chart for dating sterling silver banded GBD's
y55tDpJh.jpg

Q3oD9KPh.jpg

milehighme

Lurker
May 18, 2015
Hi all! I've scouring your GBD threads trying to find some information about my pipe. I've tried several different places and you all seem like my best hope. you folks definitely have a ton of information. Anyways, my GBD is a "Dynasty" 788. Thanks to this thread, I've found that the 788 is a 1/4 bent apple but I still have no information on the "Dynasty" line. Any info you might have about when the pipe was made would be greatly appreciated. This is my first post here so I'm not sure how to embed pictures.

settersbrace

Lifer
Mar 20, 2014
I have a #549 concord that smokes very well despite the occasional gurgle that I get in the first few minutes of a smoke. Passes a cleaner and problem solved. It hangs well and is light as a feather. What a great resource getting compiled here, thanks for that!

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
@milehighme: Welcome to the forum. Pictures of the nomenclature are necessary to offer details. I use Photobucket to host my photos. I have not heard of nor seen a "Dynasty" finish GBD.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
I restored this 9606 Century-Matt model. The 9606 shape number was not previously listed in my database (I would call it a bent apple).
gbd_9606_century-matt_finish.jpg

milehighme

Lurker
May 18, 2015
First of all, Thank you for the response and the welcome. Second, I'll try and figure out how to use photobucket. Can I copy an Imgur link by any chance?

milehighme

Lurker
May 18, 2015
ARRRgh sorry trying to get you photos. Obviously feel free to delete at will. Sorry for being bad at this.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Very interesting. Is the other side the straight, "London, England" or the round Country of Manufacture stamp?(COM)
I found this Dynasty pipe at SmokingPipes, it is pre-Cadogan (made before 1982). This Dynasty is blasted, very curious.
004-002-8630.jpg

milehighme

Lurker
May 18, 2015
If you zoom in on the first picture, London England is written beneath Dynasty. The only other markings are the 788 and E even further below the London England marking. I've blindly googled GBD Dynasty before and never had any pipes come back. I'm glad you found another one at smokingpipes. At least now I know what it looked like before. When I received my pipe in an eBay lot it honestly looked like it had been stored in a muddy ashy river bank. It literally was black with muddy gunk. Interesting that the picture of the one you found appears to have a silver GBD. Is there a difference between silver and Bronze?