PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

toobfreak

Lifer
Dec 19, 2016
The moment is close approaching when I cross the line of that holy grail of grails, that of going into the four-digit post territory! It will be here sooner than you know---- quick! It is still not too late to bump me off the forum! :mrgreen:
Surely, this must be one of the great moments in a man's life. The first great hurdle is getting to the 100 post count, now very soon, the 1000 post count! This even beats the time I stapled Suzy's pigtail to my desk in front of me in the 1st grade just as the fire alarm drill went off. People will look up to me now, I'll be a very important person from here on in, food will even taste a little bit better. I'll finally command the respect in life of one of the greats in the pantheon of human achievement. Leonardo da Vinci, move over.
Folks will see me walking down the street now and say: "There goes a fine lad. I knew him once! I was there when he finally cracked his big success in life!"
Tobacco will taste better and my pipes will smoke cooler and drier. People will hold the door open for me now saying: Quick! Get that bastard the hell out of here, while we still have the chance!" :puffy:
Seriously, it is funny to say you've done something for over 40 years of your life, then joined a website and learned a lot more from total strangers you've never met! Hell, I've amassed 56 websites alone from this group relating to pipes and tobaccos.
Put another way, I just want to say a big Thanks! to Kevin for hosting this site and making it all possible, the staff and crew who work hard giving up a lot of their time helping to run and maintain it, and to all the really wonderful people here who have shared so very much of themselves and what they know about pipes, tobaccos and smoking--- I'm even finally using a tamper now --- you folks have definitely enriched the experience; thank you for sharing your friendship, I feel that I've met and made many great friends here, and to all those out there with splendid senses of humor who absolutely delight in ribbing me with insults and don't mind my pulling their leg as well, always in good fun and meant well. It really has been a delight. I hope I can occasionally give back a small portion of all that you folks have given me.

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
I don't think I like your tone which oozes with pretense and sarcasm. I can read between the lines and t's obvious that you think Cosmic is a dick. welcome to the Grand Forum :)

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
MUCH more importantly, I've just completed my last major painting for DC Super Girls, a long pan of Metropolis!!
Still, accumulating nearly a thousand posts in the matter of a few months is some kind of achievement. I'm not entirely sure what it indicates, but there's probably a term for it.
In any event, congratulations!

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Always suspicious, am I: what are you planning now, after all that kissing up to the Mods and just about everyone else??
:roll:
:)
Jesse- Congrats! I hope you can now up your game in post count, too. Your yearly average is way behind mine....
And I won't make further references to your licking rims, as you've clearly stated that you use your finger to prepare the rim.
:puffy:
:)

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Turn back, before it's too late! Look what happened to me! Congrats in advance. We're having fun here. Good people, good subject.

mayfair70

Lifer
Sep 14, 2015
Great. Now I have to send out another hand-made, personalized, engraved, gold-plated, ivory handled, digital toaster in Corinthian leather carrying case. Keep it up. 8)
completed my last major painting for DC Super Girls

8O Wow, I can't wait to see this. If you ever want to get rid of some original cels, I'd be more than happy to take them off your hands. :worship:

daveinlax

Charter Member
May 5, 2009
WISCONSIN
Still, accumulating nearly a thousand posts in the matter of a few months is some kind of achievement. I'm not entirely sure what it indicates, but there's probably a term for it.

Usually it's called unemployment. 8O

agnosticpipe

Lifer
Nov 3, 2013
In the sticks in Mississippi
I have to say, your posts are fun to read, and yes this is a great place to learn and have fun. Now all you have to do is turn purple and embrace the wonderful world of transistors!

Oops, I may have just made you turn purple already... :nana:

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
Is that for the animated series?
Yep! It's especially gratifying because last year I was sidelined due to severe cervical issues (stenosis at three levels that caused agonizing pain from inflamed pinched nerves) and there was a possibility that I would never be able to work again. I've never been a quitter so I went to work addressing those issues. 8 months of physical therapy reduced the symptoms to a tolerable level and just as I was starting to feel good again, the production contacted me to see if I was available. It was challenging in that I couldn't just work long hours without frequent breaks to do the daily PT and a TV schedule is merciless. But I did it! Moreover, both the producer and art director want me on their next show.
When I go out I want to do it on my own two feet, not being carried out on a stretcher.
8O Wow, I can't wait to see this. If you ever want to get rid of some original cels, I'd be more than happy to take them off your hands. :worship:
Sad to say, cels have long since gone the way of the dodo. Everything is done digitally, with the exception of some layout work and rough poses done on paper for the storyboard and/or animatic.
Jesse- Congrats! I hope you can now up your game in post count, too. Your yearly average is way behind mine....
And I won't make further references to your licking rims, as you've clearly stated that you use your finger to prepare the rim.
John, as long as I stay busy, my post count will remain a relative dribble. But thank you SO MUCH for clarifying the rim job issue. I look forward to seeing you in Vegas. Just remember that I do the ordering at the Indian restaurant. So be good or you will end up with flaming rims.
Well, gotta go and work my neck and upper back. Ciao for now.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
J- You deserve all the good things, and it's a real testament to your character that you've overcome a great deal of adversity. Congrats! And keep on truckin'!

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Jesse, my girls, including my wife and myself, love the show. The animations and visuals are great. Keep up the amazing work! Have seen your name in a number of movies I enjoy as well!

Status
Not open for further replies.