PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

pepesdad1

Lifer
Feb 28, 2013
I have only one brandy...an RdPipes bent that Ron gifted me for Christmas...absolutely love this pipe!

UIjkO3xl.jpg

dmcmtk

Lifer
Aug 23, 2013
A Danish stacked Brandy with lovely cross grain, a MR. ANDERSEN (various makers, it's a long story).
attachment.php

This one is mine. :)

rdavid

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 30, 2018
Milton, FL
Wow tschiraldi. The 1/8 is so graceful. A 1/4 bent with saddle bit gets me every time but wow! Those are gorgeous.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Glad to see this five-year-old original post revived. Some years ago, I bought not one but two Peterson bent B11's that were then sold as brandy shapes, one a Killarney ebony, and the other a Shannon, both fine smokers and still cooking. I'm intrigued that these days many/most retailers list these as volcanos. I'm not sure if they have more appeal with that name, or whether it is just a reconsideration of the shape. I still think of them as brandy shaped. One or two posts have expressed the opinion that these pipes are really ugly. They are distinctive and only appeal to some. I've boomed them up on posts from time to time, but I think I've only heard of another owner once. The pipe maker GiGi makes brandy shapes, but I've always felt his pipes were heavy for their size.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Here's a link for a quick look at a B11:
https://www.amazon.com/Peterson-Killarney-Red-B11-Fishtail/dp/B0063FMQFS

Dec 10, 2013
Nijmegen, the Netherlands
Hi JPM,
Thank you Sir, I finally managed.

It almost looks like a vulcano indeed. Partly because of their agressive blasting ?

Dunhill does not use the term vulcano, at least not my knowledge . The LV was officially named their Brandy shape. I am a sucker for Dunhill's amazing blasts from the past.

Status
Not open for further replies.