PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

zack24

Lifer
May 11, 2013
Pipemaking has been a challenge for the past few weeks- woke up 3 weeks ago with the worse vertigo and nausea I could ever imagine. Spent the next 12 hours and $5k in the ER trying to rule out stroke, brain tumor, etc. Finally cleared to go home(which was a good thing because I had to be in Ft Lauderdale for a 5 day boat show the following weekend...which we had to attend for our Marine Financing business...Managed to limp through the weekend without spinning around and falling on the floor...and was finally relaxing last weekend when I got nailed by a wasp and thanks to huge doses of benadryl and steroids, had my foot swell up like a potato, and got through it OK...So basically, for the past 3 weeks I've been walking around with constant dizziness...kinda like a 3 beer buzz that you're really not enjoying...Makes working with a lathe and other assorted tools a little dicey...and makes me appreciate my overall wonderful health...

Still managed to put this one together in honor of the experience- the Dizzy Dublin

20rtmqq.jpg

2hxyoo6.jpg

x5whfc.jpg

nz3sl2.jpg

nqpjcp.jpg

fishnbanjo

Lifer
Feb 27, 2013
Glad you're OK Zack, but man that is so sweet of a Dublin and well named, I especially like the stem treatment, cheers.

banjo

Mar 30, 2014
wv
If this is the result of buzzed pipe making, keep it up. Great looking pipe. Nice work. Sorry about your luck. Get well soon.

ejames

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
Now you know you can continue to make nice pipes when you're buzzing ! What's the stem extension made of? Love that rim !

zack24

Lifer
May 11, 2013
Thanks guys! That was a fun one....

What's the stem extension made of?

That's Black and White Ebony- not nearly as dense as the other ebonies- a great material for decorative elements...

aggravatedfarmer

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 9, 2015
I would suggest in investing in a beehive and whenever you need some inspiration, go out and kick it. But everything else I would not suggest. Glad you are in better health and you have a wonderful pipe to reflect on the trying health later in life!

jkrug

Lifer
Jan 23, 2015
Sounds like a crazy week. Good to hear it was the meds and not 3 beers that had you buzzin'. I'd of had to tease you about being a light weight. :lol:
Now as for the pipe....that sir is a real beauty. Very nice indeed. :clap:

fordm60

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 19, 2014
Zack, that pipe is gorgeous!!! I would love to be able to make that, think I will go kick a wasp nest and see if it helps!

Status
Not open for further replies.