PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ravkesef

Lifer
Aug 10, 2010
Cheshire, CT
OK, Min, get the point? The best toothbrush is the one you're going to use, whether it's a manual, Sonicare, or an Oral B. I use the Sonicare Diamondclean once daily, the Oral B once daily, and I floss like it's going out of style. Then I also use the proxabrush for brushing between my teeth. Like I said, your health depends on it. Am I overly fussy? Sure, but if my dentist says that if I didn't tell him about my smoking, he'd never know it, then I figure I'm doing a pretty good job. There's no reason you can't do the same. And by the way--your dentist/aunt was giving you a subtle that she knows you smoke--you just didn't pick up on it. There isn't a dentist on this planet who can't tell the difference between a coffee and a tobacco stain.

fnord

Lifer
Dec 28, 2011
Topeka, KS
Min:
Thank you for this thread on oral care. I'd love to hear more about the "blue light" scan you received looking for oral cancer.
My sainted uncle was a guy I wish you all could've met. He spent WWII flying C-47s with a belly full of gas - chasing George Patton's 3rd Army during the breakthrough plus dropping the odd lot of paratroopers from time to time. He went to dental school on the GI Bill after the war and died of Hepatitis after practicing forty years of "wet finger" dentistry.
This science has evolved tremendously in my lifetime. When I was a kid I was told to brush back and forth with as much pressure as I could apply. That's led to striations on my teeth and I'll be visiting a Periodontist this year for brushing my gums so vigorously.
What the hell. Shit happens and shit evolves.
Thank you all for the heads up on Biotene. I'll buy a jug tomorrow.
Fnord

minfarshaw

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 12, 2014
Fnord,
The purple light is like a Pap smear for you mouth. Any dysphasia will show up as a darkened area. I haven't read up on it yet. That's just what my dentist said.

Mar 1, 2014
Thanks to you guys I'm sitting here with an Oral B Hummingbird in my mouth.
Haven't flossed more that a dozen times in my life before this. Sheesh, the habits you pick up around here.

Status
Not open for further replies.