PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

fishfly

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 12, 2014
Dubuque, Iowa
Got mine today. A dwarf. I'm very pleased. Just the size I like. Light. Vulcanite stem. Nice length. This better not be a quick shot to capitalize on the Hobbit movies. I don't think I want to be without one of these again. I would find the others in the line too large, but this is perfect for me.

jmsutton

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 11, 2014
You don't understand how nice looking these pipes are until you see them in person. The Wizard is huge! The Elf is perfect. Nedlesstosay... I love them...

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
So after sending them an email about the defect, they replied saying they would send a replacement stem. I replied telling them not to bother, as I had already fitted it with a freehand stem and that the longer stem would no longer fit. So what arrives in the mail today? The stem I told them not to send. Strike 2 MM.

mcitinner1

Lifer
Apr 5, 2014
Missouri
The MM factory must have a back up on orders. I ordered a Wizard and a General on the 19th and still no pipes. I'm less than 30 miles from them. :roll: Maybe soon? :wink:

drwatson

Lifer
Aug 3, 2010
toledo
:rofl: the bobbit!!! Has to cut off at the tip!

Really though, got mine the other day and LOVE them. THANKS MM

Mar 1, 2014
I just want to see a cob with a 1 inch inner bowl diameter (or wider).

The MacArthur is nice, but an extra wide bowl can give better flavor sometimes, and it's helpful if you're trying to keep up with your weekly tobacco quota on a limited schedule.

Chasing Embers

Nov 12, 2014
Widened the tenon on my Wizard's replacement stem. Nice looking and a decent smoker, just still think MM should have replaced the pipe. As good as it is now, I will not be a repeat customer.

Chasing Embers

Nov 12, 2014
Have smoked my Wizard around 5 times now, and have really enjoyed it, so I guess I can forgive them. Just wish it had been ready to smoke upon arrival. Thumbs up over here now.

Aug 11, 2012
Got my Wizard and Shire today in the mail. The Wizard came with a very loose stem and a heavy overpowering smell of acetone. I'm afraid to light it for fear of that smell invading me and ruining my smoke. The Shire is great (no smell and a good stem fit).
I have been told to use a file and sandpaper to the bowl and use a little fire on it.
What say you all?

mcitinner1

Lifer
Apr 5, 2014
Missouri
I emailed Marilyn several days ago and learned that MM was waiting for a check from me. I thought I had clicked on the credit card on file for payment, but that wasn't the case. So it was my misunderstanding.

buroak

Lifer
Jul 29, 2014
I had ignored this topic because I thought it was going to be someone showing off a cob modified by the addition of inordinately large and hairy feet.
The Shire Cobbit is now calling my name.

texmexpipe

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 20, 2014
So when my first Wizard came in I filled it up and went to town. I was disappointed that I could taste varnish in my smoke. I emailed MM and they quickly emailed me back explaining that my cob was probably soft and that those suck up the varnish, this my unpleasant experience. They promptly sent me a new one which I am now enjoying. And the stem of the old one fits nicely on my MM General so no I have two cobwardens.

cobguy

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
I had ignored this topic because ...
... because you can call it whatever you want but it's still a Cob Pipe and will smoke well! :mrgreen:
Get rid of any varnish, tighten the stem, break it in properly and enjoy! :puffy:

buroak

Lifer
Jul 29, 2014
I had ignored this topic because ...
... because you can call it whatever you want but it's still a Cob Pipe and will smoke well! [:mrgreen:]
That too, cobguy, that too.

Status
Not open for further replies.