the cleanest tasting light you can get...

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrsmokeyman

Lurker
Dec 19, 2009
Hey pipers,
i thought that i would share the best kept secret of the lights world with you all.
I have been using beeline for the last 7 months and i cannot fathom using anything else. It was shown to me by a friend, as he thought that the difference it made was substantial, i emailed them and they sent me a free sample - they will send it to anywhere in the world - trust me pipers - do not let this one pass you by... your tobacco and pipes will thank you for it.
It is the most natural form of light out there, and its lower burning temperature and all organic ingredients, will make the tobacco taste really pop out.
Dont let the fact that its a hemp based product fool you - try the test that convinced me - i used nothing but beeline for a week and then tried a lighter - i have a beautiful 500$ dunhill rollagas, and it is now used to light beeline only! The lighter was noticibly harsh, hot and horrible.
do yourselves a favor and try this - its free so you have nothing to lose - honestly, believe me when i say that you WILL notice a difference. trust me. I guarantee you will love it.
Anyone else tried beeline? www.beelinehawaii.com

mrsmokeyman

Lurker
Dec 19, 2009
er - nothing... it makes no difference at all like that - its all about taste. this imparts no taste whatsoever... trust me.

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
Wow! You must have the most sensitive taste buds ever. I can't tell the difference between Zippo flames, butane, or matches. For me it doesn't seem worth the bother to get a squeaky clean light. Maybe I've become inured to the foul taste.

sinistertopiary

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 5, 2009
Toronto
My initial reaction was the same as cortezattic's.
However, coincidentally enough, last night I was smoking Solani's 633, a delicate VaPer, in a volcano that's not thoroughly broken in, and I could taste the butane quite clearly.
Suddenly beeline makes sense to me. However, it seems cumbersome to use, having to first light the beeline, then using that to light the 'baccy. If it were easier to obtain I'd give it a go. Maybe I'll order their free sample...

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
I'd be interested to know how you manage the mechanics of it all.

Let's see... light the candle, light the wick, light the pipe, snuff the wick so it doesn't smoulder, tamp the pipe, doh! the ember got cold, light the wick, light the pipe, snuff the wick, tamp the pipe.....doh!

sinistertopiary

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 5, 2009
Toronto
Yeah, exactly!
But isn't that the old school way to light your clay pipe in the tavern?
The website mentioned lighting from a candle, say. Seems like a good idea if you're going to use this thing.

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
Yes, I think the sticks they used were/are called "spills." And before that I believe tongs were used to hold small embers to the tobacco.
Well, I respect mrsmokeyman's opinion; and his enthusiasm for this product is palpable. Perhaps it is worth a try. The time and effort taken to generously share something delightful certainly warrants our attention.
But there's a part of me that secretly wishes the wicks came with a scantily clad harem girl -- to attentively light me up, so to speak.

Now there's a product I could embrace! :)

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
Interesting link. Thanks.

Ordinary "strike on box" matches use alder, I think. And, as I mentioned before, once the pyrogen burns up I can't detect anything bad.

But, if you're going to keep a candle burning to use a spill, then why not try the wicks?

mrsmokeyman did say:

do yourselves a favor and try this... you have nothing to lose... believe me when i say that you WILL notice a difference. trust me. I guarantee you will love it.

Go back and read his original post. Sounds pretty emphatic to me.

mrsmokeyman

Lurker
Dec 19, 2009
interesting responses! i posted about beeline on another, shall we say, more conservative pipe forum and the post about beeline i wrote was promptly swept under the rug by the mods and buried... his loss...
at the end of the day, this is no more cumbersome than matches really... i cut off a small amount and wind it into a loop, then stash it in the rollagas pouch i keep the lighter in - once you lit the line, you are good to go = it burns a little slower than a match.
In terms of extinguishing - just pinch between thumb and forefinger - we pipers should have at least 2 fingers that can deal with a little heat - and its alot colder than snuffing a candle in the same way.
another way to utilize it is so simply wind it around your bic lighter, its waxed slightly so it sticks to itself a little and stays put = don't worry, you wont notice the wax when its burning.
i was told that there is a pre requisite by law to lace the butane at the factory with a chemical that makes it able to be smelled should it leak. these chemicals are what taints the flavour too - even the purest butane has these in there to somewhat of an extent - beeline has none of this stuff...
i cant wait to read what you think of it once you try! :D
lol sad as it might sound, its exciting to me actually :)

mrsmokeyman

Lurker
Dec 19, 2009
picture.php

This from their website.
Beeline is easy on you and easy on earth. It's hand made from all natural ingredients: hemp, bee's wax, and hand wrapped around recycled paper.
Whether your smoking your pipe, cigars, medicinal herbs, or hand rolled tobacco, you get the full flavor and no extra chemical taste.
Butane, sulpher, and flint from lighters are all highly poisonous and should not be inhaled. Studies have proven that long term inhalation of butane leads to serious lung, heart, liver, and kidney problems and is also very damaging to the brain and spinal cord. Fortunately there is an answer, Beeline. It is chemical free so say good bye to butane caused headaches after smoking.

davidansley

Lurker
Sep 30, 2010
Hey there, when they send a free sample, do you have to pay for shipping or is it completely free? Sounds like a great concept but I'm a little strapped for cash so every penny counts.

onizuka

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 28, 2010
This looks like good stuff - I may have to give it a try in a few months. I'm a firm believer in beeswax. So much so that I've been trying to find honey with the honeycomb in tact - so hard to find! Back on topic though, I definitely can tell the difference between using a lighter and a match, even when smoking a cigarette. It's similar to why you should never roast a marshmallow with a lighter.

May 19, 2010
I actually sent them an email and they sent it to me free of charge and they took care of the shipping. In the sample they sent me I got 2 wounds of their standard wick and one of their thick wick. The thick stuff works much better for the pipes as it burns slower. It did take quite a while to get to me though but seeing as I didn't pay for anything I call it a fair trade. They make and ship the stuff from Hawaii and I live in WA. I think it took a little over 2 weeks to make its way here. It does give a very clean light and wasn't much more of a hassle then using matches.
It does have a slight grassy taste if you have to puff for a while to get it to light. I noticed this most when I was lighting flake and plug tobaccos that hadn't been rubbed out much if at all.
It burns much cooler then my old boy, zippo, and matches. Unfortunately this can make lighting take longer especially if the tobacco is a little moist. If you blow out the flame he ember will self extinguish if you don't snuff it though it can take a few seconds. It burns to a very fine white ash that tends to hang together until it drops onto the pipe or you blow it out.
Overall it is a product I like and use but it is only suitable for indoor use or very calm days. It blows out more easily then a candle and takes longer to light a bowl then a match. One of the nice things is that as it is a wound up wick it can burn for a very long time as long as you move your fingers.
I like it but would have them send you the free sample before you buy to be sure that you like it. You want to be sure the benefit of cooler smoke and fewer flavors on lighting out way the extra hassle of using it.
P.S. Like Phil I am very curious as to what the best/proper wood to light a pipe would be. Would it vary depending on the type of tobacco? Perhaps ceder for a latakia heavy blend and cherry or apple wood for an aromatic?

davidansley

Lurker
Sep 30, 2010
Yeah, I had them send me some, so now it's just a matter of playing the waiting game to be able to try it lol

davidansley

Lurker
Sep 30, 2010
Well I got my samples of beeline and let me tell you, I am 100% on board with this stuff!! It is amazing the difference this stuff makes. Put aside the "health benefits" folks, this stuff is worth it for the taste improvement alone! Not to mention the cost effectiveness of it. Instead of having to spend a small fortune getting a good quality pipe lighter and maintaining it, just use bics or any other disposable and wrap the wick around the lighter and carry that with you. I actually bought a bentley pipe lighter because I was starting to notice more of a fuel taste from my zippo, and shortly after received my samples in the mail, and now even the bentley is obsolete! Luckily I only spent 5 bucks on it with one of my tobacco orders. Like mrsmokeyman said, you all really owe it to yourselves to give this stuff a try! And like penguin said, the thick wick is definitely better for pipes. I tried the thin stuff and it just burned too fast. I ended up giving that sample to a friend that smokes those "medicinal herbs" :-0 Probably the only thing bad I have to say about this stuff is it now makes saving up for a rusticated briar old boy superfluous :-( Which is a shame cuz it's just so pretty
pipes-cigars-tobacco_2125_92039365

jlee

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 1, 2011
Denver
ranger - I can attest to the awesomeness of beeswax hemp wick for ignition. Bee Line makes a particularly quality product in this line.

smoker

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 25, 2011
I have just sent an e-mail for a free sample i'm all for trying something once and if i like it keep it. As it's supposed to be good for health and envoiroment i'm up for that too.

grouchy

Can't Leave
Jun 26, 2011
should have looked at this thread sooner. now i cant resist it.

but,

wouldnt a nice big ol'e pinch of home grown on top do the same thing? 8)

Status
Not open for further replies.