PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ghost

Lifer
May 17, 2012
Hello Canucks!
Welcome to the Canadian Box Pass, Round 2. The box is just about ready to make its first move from the GTA crew to me here in Ottawa as we start this brand new pass. Let's start the thread off by re-posting the rules from the last page of Round 1...
* Must be a member for minimum of 6 months or have a well established member vouch for you.

* Have at least 100 posts

* Provide all your contact info including phone number to box co-ordinator

* Currently living within Canada

* Have the financial means to pay for shipping a box across the country with tracking/delivery confirmation.

* Must agree to purchase tracking/delivery confirmation.

* Post pictures upon receipt.

Since we are starting a new pass, please PM me your full contact info and forum handle to be added to the new list that I'll be creating today. Make sure you qualify to participate as per the rules stated.
One thing I think would be very helpful- if you live nearby a fellow forum member, and you both are in the box pass, please let me know if you will be handing the box off in person. I will still add both addresses to the list, but we still need to know when and where the box is passed so we all know what's going on. Please confirm the pass here as if it was shipped to you.
I will post the official list publicly on this thread through Google Drive (like in the old thread) once I send the box to the first recipient on the list. **If you still want to get on the list and qualify you can PM me, however, addresses submitted after 11:59pm on March 31st, 2014 will be added to the END of the list regardless of geographical location.**
Any questions just ask! Let's have a nice, clean, fun, and efficient box pass...Enjoy! :puffy:

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
Greetings and salutations fellow members of The Great Canadian Box Pass Part Deux - PMForums Version.
Smokeybear and I connected on Thursday and boy did he come to the table with goodies! I took some out and added some more to the mix; so here we go! The box is on its way to Ghost. As promised here are some pictures and the requisite tracking information. Thanks to Smokeybear I'm going to be sampling two GLP blends (Quiet Night & Odyssey) I haven't had the chance to taste.
There are 14 different blends, 4 pipes and some accoutrements in the box, and it already weighs nearly a kilo. So... Help yourselves and dig in!

-- Pat

shutterbug

Can't Leave
Apr 12, 2013
1 kg already...I can't imagine how heavy it'll get in a few months!

Looking forward to it!
Shutterbug

salmonfisher

Can't Leave
Feb 12, 2014
Is there a limit on what we should put in the box in terms of grams in bags or actual tins? Anyone got a problem if I toss in a few flies for possible fishing brethren?

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
Weight and box size are the two issues with tins, so I'd try to minimize them if at all possible. As for flies, toss 'em in! More than a few of us try for tight lines.
-- Pat

brdavidson

Lifer
Dec 30, 2012
This sounds like a good start, can't wait to see it. I have a ton of stuff to add and they would have been in there if I had remembered to bring them to the pipe club the other night.

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
Gents. A quick note to the group, I'm standing up for Purplemotoman. He and I have done business and he's a stand up member of the community. Let's let him in on the pass.
Cheers,
-- Pat

salmonfisher

Can't Leave
Feb 12, 2014
Guaranteed a tin of Bobs chocolate flake will be placed in it when it hits NB. Then again, I could boil it down for a nice bar of unique soap :rofl:

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
There are already a couple ounces of Bob's Chocolate Flake in the box... Let's hope that stuff goes before Salmon goes and refreshes the sample. :wink:
-- Pat

ghost

Lifer
May 17, 2012
I happen to be a fan of Bob, and his Chocolate Flake. I will address this on the arrival of the Box. :puffpipe:

shutterbug

Can't Leave
Apr 12, 2013
Do we have the link for all of the members on the new list? Just trying to figure out when it gets into my neck of the woods.
Shutterbug

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
Ghost is going to post the list tomorrow, I believe. I think he set today as the cutoff for sign up.
-- Pat

ghost

Lifer
May 17, 2012
Good Morning Folks!
You can find the Round 2 box pass mailing list here.
Once I get the box and add my stuff to it, it will be on its way to beautiful Calgary AB.
Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.