PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

smittyd

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 7, 2018
Pennsylvania
I am new to this site . I have found much useful info on this site. Maybe i have missed it somewhere but i would like to know what is the best way to clean a cob other than buying a new one or damaging it.
Edited by jvnshr: Title capitalization (please check Rule #9)

ray47

Lifer
Jul 10, 2015
Dalzell, South Carolina
I use a 40 caliber bore brush to clean the bowl after each smoke. The brush keeps the bowl cake free. Others have used a battery terminal brush, but haven't tried that. I like my cobs cake free, but there are those who prefer cake in their cobs. It's all very personal, so it's up to you.

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
I've had success removing cake with an inexpensive (as always) butner style stainlees steal reamer, and with another I have that has fixed blades to a 5/8" or 3/4" (reversible) bowl diameter.

I swab the shanks out randomly with Q-tips and run cleaners through after I smoke em.

I use the pic on a Czechs tool to get down behind the wooden part that extends from shank to bowl. (caution, do this gently and when cool.)

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
I wipe out the chamber after every smoke in cobs and meers with unscented baby wipes.

indianafrank

Oct 15, 2014
I just run a pipe cleaner through the stem and around the inside of the bowl after each smoke. Some of my cobs are 3 years old and still smoke fine.

admiral

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 15, 2017
Scoop out whats left after you finished smoking. Blow through the airway. Pile cleaner through the airway. Blow again.

Fold a paper napkin and wipe the chamber.
Good to go :) for the next smoke.

smittyd

Feb 7, 2018
Pennsylvania
Thanks for all the good advice . I tried the brush method ....worked great. Also has anyone else noticed that a cob gets sweeter the more you smoke it or is that because I have only smoked VA out of it ?

Status
Not open for further replies.